SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
just to let everyone know, everything to the right of that boat will be demolished sometime soon to make way for a new central pier. the harbour sheds to the left will be retained.

hopefully something magnificent is planned there by Lend lease who is developing Victoria harbour.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne

·
Banned
64 Posts
Dean said:
just to let everyone know, everything to the right of that boat will be demolished sometime soon to make way for a new central pier. the harbour sheds to the left will be retained.

hopefully something magnificent is planned there by Lend lease who is developing Victoria harbour.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne
Yes the sooner the old warehouses are demolished the better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dean said:
Ah thanks, I was wondering what was happening here. I was surprised to see the sheds still standing. Originally they wanted to demolish just about everything, though there was some opposition. Still it was nice to see some of the relics remaining, though I gathered they wouldn't be keeping that crumbling pier. For years since the port closed, these sheds have been used for hosting parties and corporate functions.

I used to ride my bike down there quite a lot when the port closed. It had this great feeling of being an urban wasteland. I'm sure it would have been a good place for filming a movie or something. Though I was surprised at how much the barren feeling still remains even though a lot of development has occurred. I'm sure there's still a fair bit of development waiting to happen and that it'll become a lot greener (Docklands Park looked nice).

·
Registered
584 Posts
A nice one from lower Yarra at night that I stumbled on, I hope that you all like it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Perth4life14 said:
can i ask what the channel 7 signs are on the telstra dome for?
Well along with the AFL, they own it, and their new broadcasting HQ is there.

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I am trying to be patient with you.

When the stadium was built (opened in 2000) they WERE the footy braodcasters. They lost it to Ten/Nine in 2003

is that clearer now

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts