Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
It seems Ozscrapers members especially from outside Melbourne always get good weather when visiting Rialto.

You covered all angles very well. Docklands has made great progress as per usual, becoming more integrated into the main CBD itself.

The rectanglar stadium at Olympic Park is looking superb. :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Rialto rules supreme as far as Im concerned in the Melbourne Observation deck stakes. I see on the Rialto 360 website you can download/print a voucher for 25% off the admission cost. That makes it about $11.60 entry fee. Bonus!

Great pics!!! Thanks.

·
Banned
4,694 Posts
^^ here in perth we are 2 hours behind, not 10 years. we have the financial crisis too!

considering the state of perth, melbourne has few cranes!

thats all im saying. nothing new its taking of in perth either, just the old stuff, but nothing begun of late in Melbourne clearly.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Taking into account we are in the middle of a financial crisis, I think Melbourne is doing pretty well. Well Melbourne has more than Sydney doesn't it?
I agree. Look at the St Kilda Rd shot for starters. Compare that to 1 crane in North Sydney (its Sydney equivalent) at present. Docklands has its share of cranes too - 7 at least.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
not many cranes in melb these days :(
There will be alot of cranes in the nrt half of the CBD soon, a fair few apartment towers are just starting up and more are waiting to start, but yea, there are far less cranes on the skyline atm. Docklands would be the most noticable area thats lacking cranes, but there will always be some kind of action going on down their..:)

·
JOIN YOUR UNION
1,319 Posts
^^Only gonna get better too :)

I'm looking forward to Convesso concavo. It should start making docklands' connection to north wharf road more apparent. The website says construction finishes mid 2012, but a real estate source told me 2010 :S

·
Premium Member
9,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Couple of recent comparisons (I love a then/now shot), it's going to take a Melb forumer to match them up with real old time pics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts