Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken photos of Melbourne for a few days using my new camera. Photos taken on rain, hail or shine. I stayed at the Citadines on Bourke Street and I highly recommend it.

·
skyscraper connoisseur
6,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used Canon 5D Mark III. Brought two lens with me for this trip. Canon 24-105L f/4 & Canon 24L f/1.4. I highly recommend the body and these two lens. Made the right choice in bringing these two without going over the baggage limit. :p

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Just bought the canon 7d and I've ordered the 50mm f1.4 so it should do the trick.
BTW-Great shots
I'd suggest the 15-85mm for street photography and nothing beats the 10-22mm for architecture and skyscraper shots, I have them.
50mm is an awesome lens but it's range on a crop sensor and fast aperture is more suited for portraits or food and that kind of thing. It's functionally a telescopic lens on a APS-C sensor

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I'd suggest the 15-85mm for street photography and nothing beats the 10-22mm for architecture and skyscraper shots, I have them.
50mm is an awesome lens but it's range on a crop sensor and fast aperture is more suited for portraits or food and that kind of thing. It's functionally a telescopic lens on a APS-C sensor
You certainly know your stuff. Thanks for the info but I also have the lens kit ( 18-135mm) which isn't too bad but unfortunately it's not very fast.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I got a shot from roughly that location last year which I posted in my Docklands thread. Its not just the colour, but also how nicely lined up the buildings are. However the weakness is that the buildings are set too far back from the street.

And rain, hail or shine, Melbourne is always good to photograph in winter. Good work Millux. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts