SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thats okay Mugley i know your not a rude bastard ;) i've seen your reply - thanks for the info - quite some kit there, no wonder your images are always top quality - im presuming you do all the editing on photoshop on a mac?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
rickster2k said:
quite some kit there, no wonder your images are always top quality - im presuming you do all the editing on photoshop on a mac?
They're not always top (or even decent) quality. The ones that make it here are very much cherry-picked - you should see some of the horrendous crap that I'd never dream of posting. :)

As for the influence of kit on photo quality, this page is well worth a read. Have a look at the work of sirbugalugs on this forum to see what can be achieved with very basic equipment.

I wish I had PS on a new Mac, but I'm using the GIMP on a crappy old PIII-550 linux box. Apart from a bit of cropping, sensor spot cloning and contrast/brightness/saturation/sharpness tweaks, most of my pics aren't heavily edited. A wise bloke once told me that you can't put stuff into an image that isn't there already. While that's less true today than it used to be, it's a good assumption to work on when taking photos.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes mugs thats me, cheap and cheerful. ;)

Light, POV and subject are 3 very important tools for a photographer. And they're all free. Always nice to have better equipment but not essential as can be seen from the many people here who have a great eye.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Very interesting article there Mugs - thanks :)

I only have a Canon Ixus 500 (5 mpx) - but i've managed to squeeze the odd cracking shot of from it - as the article says its all about having 'the eye' for things and not worrying too much about the technology.

·
Registered
89,968 Posts
mugley said:
Spire of St Pat's. Think the Easter theme's out of my system now :)

great shot mugs, ive been loking for a close up of the cross.
It dont look that big, probably because its 100m up, the central spire has 2,700 stones! The 20ft/6m cross weighs 1.5 tonne and was donated by president of Eire back in 1938.
When hoisted up, it was highest point in Melbourne! took until 1968 for a bldg to reach higher, that being AMP.

1 - 20 of 509 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.