Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
She's a looker alright! I've always loved your shots Grollo, they're the ones that should be in the guide books.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
Grollo..you always find a new perspective of familiar places!!! great stuff!

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
nice pics, you ventured into one of my fav parts of melb, east melb that is...

the city looks wonderful, no matter what season :cheers:

·
Expert
933 Posts
ooh! neat shots! but it looks really cold, how cold was it when you took them?

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
ooh! neat shots! but it looks really cold, how cold was it when you took them?
I'm guessing it would've been around 12-15 degrees. So for a Scandinavian like yourself, not too cold really.

·
Expert
933 Posts
I'm guessing it would've been around 12-15 degrees. So for a Scandinavian like yourself, not too cold really.
I would have guessed around 5C... 12 - 15 C's defo more doable but when it's cloudy like that even i'd wear a jacket over my jumper, if the sun was out a jumper would prolly be enough...

i hope to see a new thread soon btw! i like how the photos are not just in the downtown core!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Great pics, but Melbourne is so much more beautiful in the summer IMO. All the boulevards fully foliaged...Hot. Summer Melbourne > Winter Melbourne :cheers:

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
Great photos.

The significant thing is ... they were all taken within 200m of each other ( except for the one in Philadelphia).

Personally, I've found that winter is the best time to photograph Melbourne ... the sun is low in the sky, creating deep shadows and interesting lighting effects especially opposite the buildings where they've put in some of those metallic windows; the plane trees, deleafed, enable you to capture the buildings rather than the greenery.

·
Registered Abuser
2,904 Posts
Yep, just went out today. Crystal clear sky and lots of yummy low light. It's enough to make a monster cry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts