Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
26,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fascinating:

Men look at the faces, honest

MEN are more likely to look at a woman's face before any other part of her body when studying sexy pictures but women go straight for the rude bits, a new study has found.

The Emory University study also found women would look at pictures of heterosexual sex for longer than men, according to the Associated Press.

The findings are published in the journal Hormones and Behaviour.

Emory psychologist Kim Wallen and his former graduate student Heather Rupp showed still photos of couples having sex to 30 women and 15 men between the ages of 23 and 28.

Each was rigged up with a high-tech eye-tracking device to measure where his or her gaze went first, and how long it stayed there.

Men went straight to the face and lingered for a while, but most of the women were more interested in the sexual activity.

There were also diffferences between the behaviour of women on hormone-filled contraceptive pills and those who weren't.

Those on the pill were were interested in the overall view of the photos and background items like jewellery, but women not on the pill were more interested in areas normally covered by clothing.

"Eye-tracking data suggested that what women paid most attention to was dependent on their hormonal state," said Ms Rupp, now at Indiana University's Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction.

Mr Wallen and Ms Rupp said their study suggested men's increased attention to faces might be related to higher activation in the amygdala, a portion of the brain that processes emotional information and excitement.

Women could tell by looking at naked men whether they were aroused but female bodies did not reveal much, Mr Wallen said.

"It's cryptic, but facial expression is one way of showing an indication of interest in and enjoyment of sex," Mr Wallen said.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
It makes sense to look at a face first. If she look like death warmed up, you are not going to want to see what lies beneath.
lol at that article, women go straight for the naughty areas. Typical. :)
My wife admitted to me recently, the first she paid any attention to was my butt as I was lifting boxes at the time & she came up behind me. Then as I turned around and she looked at...... you know, then my chest.
Only after that did she bother to look at my face.
Dont know if thats a good or bad thing.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
If a girl has the right eyes and/or smile she has got me, I don't even need to see the rest of her.

But if they haven't got that or I do look beyond that its her lower stomach/hips, then ass, then legs. Tits really are low down on my radar but I do like them still ;)

·
fierce buildings papi.
/insert something here...
9,801 Posts
headline: guys with fast cars have larger *****...

(after surgical enhancement therapy)

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
Of course the Emory University is renowned world-wide for its studies in the Social Sciences, and in particular its statistical methodology in choosing sample sizes.

·
26,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, an uneven sample size (30 women versus 15 men) wouldn't help this thing.

I take this with a grain of salt.

Not quite uneven.

15 men - 15 women on the contraceptive pill - 15 women not on contraception

But yes I agree that the sample size is very low, but then again, if they were purely random, there shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
How do they approach their participants in the first instance? Do they advertise for crash test dummies?
"Excuse me sir/madam, would you like to be part of a study involving looking at faces, dicks & boobs?"

·
Banned
460 Posts
My wife admitted to me recently, the first she paid any attention to was my butt
Mate, the only reason she was looking there was to check out the size of your...wallet.

Every female brings four things into a relationship or marriage:
A map
A compass
A metal-detector, and
A shovel.

Nuff said.

·
Banned
Tremendous
8,579 Posts
I ain't saying shes a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke.......

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Mate, the only reason she was looking there was to check out the size of your...wallet.

:lol:
Bit small in that department at the time. Now that I have been to the wallet enhancing clinic (work) its huge!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I look at the face first then boobs. If no boobs, then arse. If no arse than look away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts