SkyscraperCity banner

3681 - 3700 of 4971 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Stadium Merdeka looks very ugly. I thought, it should be modified and painted.

·
Maintenant ou Jamais
3,838 Posts
Stadium Merdeka looks very ugly. I thought, it should be modified and painted.
dude its more thn half century old historical stadium,although major renovation is crucial,i couldnt be bothered by it,the time will come:)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't quite understand how the construction works here (I am not civil background).

What are they doing now? Buiding foundation?
I don't see any link between the MRT station and the foundation? Meaning it's gonna be constructed at the later stage when the tower contractor starts their job?

·
I need to find myself
5,214 Posts

·
12,947 Posts
Stadium Merdeka had last been renovated for the 50th Merdeka celebration in 2007. Although the paint faded a lil but I think a new coat of paint is all that's needed.

However I do think that they should preserve yet modernised both the stadiums and use em as MICE venues.

I am thinking that perhaps Stadium Merdeka could be something like the Araneta Coliseum in Manila or Madison Square Gardens in NYC. :eek:kay:

And could someone donate some money to Chin Woo so as to repair their structure too cause the building is a very fine Art Deco piece and it certainly compliments any MICE events that the future complex might have together with the two stadiums ;)

·
Maintenant ou Jamais
3,838 Posts
i see Merdeka Stadium as a blank canvas waiting for some genius to turn it into a masterpiece

Reactions: dengilo

·
VAMOS RAFA
1,677 Posts
I don't quite understand how the construction works here (I am not civil background).

What are they doing now? Buiding foundation?
I don't see any link between the MRT station and the foundation? Meaning it's gonna be constructed at the later stage when the tower contractor starts their job?
1. substructure for the tower, then proceed to
2. superstructure for the tower

the additional substructure for link bridge can come at later stage etc2

·
Registered
121 Posts
1. substructure for the tower, then proceed to
2. superstructure for the tower

the additional substructure for link bridge can come at later stage etc2
As fairul said, this is the substructure. Hard to see from small picture, but looks like its the piling and rebar to do the pile caps.

Which means its basically a big tube of concrete (usually 10-15m long, depends on the ground conditions) that connect the building to some load bearing rock. This will then support the weight of building to prevent it from sinking

The metal sticking out the top is the reinforcement, and they purposely leave it sticking out to connect it to the pile caps (another 'square' of concrete on top of the pile) which will connect all the piles together

Hope that makes sense, hard to explain without drawings and being to technical... :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks fairul and Gwai Lo for the explanation.

·
12,947 Posts
Stadium Merdeka had last been renovated for the 50th Merdeka celebration in 2007. Although the paint faded a lil but I think a new coat of paint is all that's needed.

However I do think that they should preserve yet modernised both the stadiums and use em as MICE venues.

I am thinking that perhaps Stadium Merdeka could be something like the Araneta Coliseum in Manila or Madison Square Gardens in NYC. :eek:kay:

And could someone donate some money to Chin Woo so as to repair their structure too cause the building is a very fine Art Deco piece and it certainly compliments any MICE events that the future complex might have together with the two stadiums ;)

Whoops.....I meant to say Stadium Negara instead of Stadium Merdeka!

3681 - 3700 of 4971 Posts