Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I know but its better to have a separate thread for each development otherwise it's a mish mash

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
But the construction of Merrion House and the refurbishment of the south side (KFC etc) was discussed in the other one. I think two threads about the Merrion Centre development is a bit excessive!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the construction of Merrion House and the refurbishment of the south side (KFC etc) was discussed in the other one. I think two threads about the Merrion Centre development is a bit excessive!
Well i disagree.

Also when Merrion House re-clad gets going i certainly don't want to be filtering through one thread for updates on both projects

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Well i disagree.

Also when Merrion House re-clad gets going i certainly don't want to be filtering through one thread for updates on both projects
I agree, I think we Leeds forumers try and incorporate too many developments in a general named thread. Look at other city forums, and you can easily choose a development to read about under its own name.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, I think we Leeds forumers try and incorporate too many developments in a general named thread. Look at other city forums, and you can easily choose a development to read about under its own name.
That is what i've also noticed and i find the Leeds forum so irritating because of it!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I disagree.

The I like to log on and read news on developments in leeds blocked in ti which area they fall. The other thread titled 'Merrion Centre' fulfils it's role in telling me information on all developments in and around the actual Merrion Centre (it's not a big place)

Plus, it's not just a reclad of the car park, they are opening retail, restaurant and leisure outlets as part of the same piece if work. So the titles wrong either way.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I disagree.

The I like to log on and read news on developments in leeds blocked in ti which area they fall. The other thread titled 'Merrion Centre' fulfils it's role in telling me information on all developments in and around the actual Merrion Centre (it's not a big place)

Plus, it's not just a reclad of the car park, they are opening retail, restaurant and leisure outlets as part of the same piece if work. So the titles wrong either way.
The retail units are built under the Carpark so the title is still correct.

Most Forumers don't want to search through one thread looking for updates on mulitple projects, it's stupid. I certainly don't want a full summary thread of projects as most updates get lost amongst others projects and stupid chit chat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lad 2011 said:
The retail units are built under the Carpark so the title is still correct.

Most Forumers don't want to search through one thread looking for updates on mulitple projects, it's stupid. I certainly don't want a full summary thread of projects as most updates get lost amongst others projects and stupid chit chat.
But the retail units are not a car park. And are not being reclad. Therefore you are wrong.

Please yourself though. I personally prefer to just look at one thread for a full update on one development rather than searching through a whole host of small treads with minimal information.

Let's split trinity up in to multiple threads too whilst we're at it yeah?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The new build having its own thread I agree with. Te rest of the work is part if the 'old' centre, and will be built as part of the same project

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whether the Carpark is part of the Merrion is irrelevant... It makes it easier for those who are looking for the Carpark reclad updates.

You can enter one thread and see what you're looking for instead of filtering through multiple projects in one thread, and atleast all the chit chat be about the Carpark.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The car park clearly doesn't need its own thread - the Merrion Centre one is all encompassing. There's no way such small developments is going to throw up some many updates each day that you'll be having to filter through lots and lots of information. Instead we now have to filter our way through lots and lots of pointless threads. Less is more.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't use it then. i will post the updates in this for me and who ever else appreciates the updates in a seperate thread.

·
Registered
30,605 Posts
I don't necessarily care either way for number of threads, but it does surprise me that one would want to draw more attention to the Merrion Centre than necessary!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts