SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
el mwdo3 nawar, but i didn't like pic No. 2-8 v_V doesn't look very modern, and it's okey for me to see this am proud of my culture. but yeah i hope it improve to the better.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts

http://nickilroy.deviantart.com/art/Cleopatra-Beach-Egypt-150617793

http://nickilroy.deviantart.com/art/Matrouh-II-Egypt-272768370

·
Registered
14,784 Posts
Being a Marina resident, I can confirm the above

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I think Matruh is among the best places to live in Egypt,
Relatively relaxed, far from crowded Nile , has some of the best beaches in Egypt, and people are friendly too ( though I've never been there )

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
^^ :lol: That's pretty much is it. All the farmers and rural population go Alexandria for summer holiday while Alexnadrians go either North coast or Masr Matruh for summer holiday. Mad righ?

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
That makes sense. Alexandria is still quite a big city and many definitely need some peace of mind in smaller cities like Matruh.

Am wondering, why there is no direct flights to Matruh from Cairo ? I don't know if theres any scheduled domestic flights into this lovely city.

I don't know what happened but since last week I missed Egypt badly :( Had bad experience with many officials and salespeople but almost all my Egyptian friends and locals I met in Egypt were so nice with the Best of hospitality and pure beautiful hearts , I want to go again soon

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Egyptair does direct flights during summer. Masr Matruh's airport is more of a military airport tbh. it's domestic capacity is pretty low and so not much profit. not to mention nation-wide flights in Egypt are expensive, I don't have a clue why. something like £150-£300 to fly from Alexandria to Sharm :nuts: you can fly within the EU for much much cheaper than that.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Because EU has budget airlines which are quite unusual in many other parts of the world. Egypt isn't that big anyway - you can get almost anywhere from Cairo within a day.
There is an expressway to Matruh, and a train line and summer flights - get there any way you like (though the train is slow).

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
Seriously? you're going to spends hours, maybe even a whole day in car to get to your destination. that if you have a car and can drive. meanwhile trains are slowwwwwww and aren't even connected very well our train network is nothing to go by. and the whole point is that flights are expensive. So why is it that we don't have budget airlines? the only one we have is region (Air Arabia Egypt). You need a fast convenient and comfy transport maybe even semi luxury to promote national tourism.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
From pics Matruh seems the type of city that I like ( for living )

It's impossible for me to live in Cairo ( as of now ) .. Alexandria can be too crowded too, same with other major cities along the Nile, but Matruh is just nice , u get facility , have beaches, nice people, cleaner air, spread-out urban planning , etc
And Matruh is not too heavily touristed (? ) too. When I was in Egypt I found places heavily touristed by European tourists feel less hospitality, prices are high, and salespeople took advantage of me badly

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
I certainly have seen more tourists in matrouh's beaches than Alexandria beaches.

·
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)
22,492 Posts
I actually saw a beach full of them as if it was an invasion but the time I went before that, it was Egyptians only. I guess it's highly seasonal?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts