SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,620 Posts
Bryan Sereny reported it was toast awhile back and I haven't seen anything to contradict that. The fact that Met3 hasn't even been advertised or been updated on the Met website the past couple of years would seem to speak for itself.

This leaves the space open for the giant Telly Savalas statue, however...

·
Banned
218 Posts
Bryan Sereny reported it was toast awhile back and I haven't seen anything to contradict that. The fact that Met3 hasn't even been advertised or been updated on the Met website the past couple of years would seem to speak for itself.

This leaves the space open for the giant Telly Savalas statue, however...
According to Wikipedia, Met 3 is still scheduled to be built with ground clearing this year. That's the only site I have found with any information concerning it's construction status.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Miami_(development)

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,620 Posts
Wiki's got a TON of misinformation, as I'm sure you know. I wouldn't trust them as a source unless you know 100% about a situation and their info matches. I'm just going by what Brayan reported as well as the obvious lack of activity---do they even have a sales office or advertising for the project anymore? I don't think I've seen one since around 2006 or 07.

(just checked that Wiki page and whoever wrote it has Met3 already under construction. :nuts: That's the kind of misinformation I'm talking about, even though it can be good for some cursory information)

·
Banned
218 Posts
Wiki's got a TON of misinformation, as I'm sure you know. I wouldn't trust them as a source unless you know 100% about a situation and their info matches. I'm just going by what Brayan reported as well as the obvious lack of activity---do they even have a sales office or advertising for the project anymore? I don't think I've seen one since around 2006 or 07.

(just checked that Wiki page and whoever wrote it has Met3 already under construction. :nuts: That's the kind of misinformation I'm talking about, even though it can be good for some cursory information)
Yes I see that... Perhaps someone should update that page. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Yeah, never trust Wikipeidia 100% especially not with construction articles, nope, they tend to be wrong half the time. Another word of advice, always check Wikipedia's sources too.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Yeah, never trust Wikipeidia 100% especially not with construction articles, nope, they tend to be wrong half the time. Another word of advice, always check Wikipedia's sources too.
Kevin you're right. A person has a better chance of getting reliable information by blowing through a dead reindeer's antler than using Wikipedia.

·
Banned
218 Posts
i fail to understand the obsession with this building, are there not much better buildings proposed

even if you are a size queen, there are much taller buildings on the boards as well
The obsession arises due to the location in my opinion, which will undoubtedly glorify the already immense and impeccable Miami skyline's intrigue.

Among other buildings planned, I'm personally looking forward to Brickell Financial Centre Phase II if it's still on the plans for construction. At 900 feet, that will be about as close to a super-tall as we'll see for a while.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i fail to understand the obsession with this building, are there not much better buildings proposed

even if you are a size queen, there are much taller buildings on the boards as well
I'll admit for me it's about size (height) queen issues. It's not that I was ever so obsessed with that particular building, and your right it was quite plain looking for such a grand plan. But it was also the closest (taller than Wachovia) thing to getting built. There are so many projects that never get off the ground, they just get a pretty picture or two on a pamphlet (Miami World Center anyone) then get scrapped with the rest. I've learned to expect it really, as a part of marketing. But when they get this close and die, it seems to hurt more.

As for BFC P2, I doubt that will get build. However if it's office towers it might stand a small chance. If residential, kill your hopes now, it will be 10 years before the CBD absorbs all the new residential that's been put on the market enough to demand another skyscraper.

·
Banned
740 Posts
you have to realize that there is no financing for these large scale projects anywhere in the world right now. also worldcenter has already invested 10 times what the the met 3 developers have, so i dont know why you would single them out.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
you have to realize that there is no financing for these large scale projects anywhere in the world right now.
OPB just recently announced that they are still on track to start construction in 2011. Who knows who is really behind that project? Nothing is etched in stone. Chances are certainly against Met3 at this point, but you never know who might get behind any given project on any given day.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
well even if MET 3 doesn't get built it is still a prime site that can support a supertall since it sits in a area zoned for one. The problem is the current market conditions which entails financing & all the new office space currently being build has to absorbed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts