Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

NAME: Metallon House
LOCATION: Umhlanga Ridge New Town Centre (the last site on Umhlanga Rocks Drive)
FLOORS: 7F
USE: Mixed Use (Residential, Retail, Commercial)

7 storey mixed use development: ground floor retail, 3 floors offices, 3 floors residential apartments with Magnificent views.

This building will be the new Head Office of the Metallon group of companies.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No this development is in front of Ridgeton Towers. The site next to the hospital is underconstruction at present for a 9F office and medical tower. Its going to have loads of Netcare research facilities, and all the doctors offices for the hospital, therefore creating extra space in the hospital for wards.

Mettalon is a major mining company that has ventured into property. They are the project managers for the entire point project. They also have their fingers in many other pies.

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
What! 7 floors! ooh, Ridgeton aint going to be pleased! They told us that max height for the site was 4-5 F! hence when you look at Ridgeton from the front, the first 4 floors facing the ocean is parking.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this building is going to be built perpendicular to ridgeton towers, hence it will not entirely block their views. It is to have a large public square in front of it too that joins with the square to be built on the other side of umhlanga rocks drive next to Morelands proposed 35F tower.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ yeh they have quite a few projects on the go in umhlanga

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
^^ yeh they have quite a few projects on the go in umhlanga
i wonder if there website will ever get updated. i thought they were scrapping the name and forming urban edge architects or something..its sickening how pathetic south africa websites are..especially ones related to 2010. If i was building a huge stadium for 2010 i would def spend time to put up as much info i can about the project on my website

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think it especially applies to south african architects. they never update their websites! its shocking. you wonder if they realise that showcasing what they do is beneficial to them.

the only one i find good is for michael tod architects, its always updated, and they have some great projects coming up

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
I know Mike quite well and have worked with him on a few projects, great guy

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not a proposed tower or anything yet. Moreland have merely stated that the portion of land that lies between umhlanga rocks drive and the new parallel road, at the very northern end, will be zoned for a high rise development of max 120m

1 - 13 of 13 Posts