SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Metro Cebu BRT System (Bus Rapid Transit)

319081 Views 1237 Replies 158 Participants Last post by  Parchie
Abante Pinas!
21 - 40 of 1238 Posts
The familiarization visit in Curitiba was in 1996, almost 20 years ago. It's time they update themselves, do another visit, and learn from their experience. In the PH, planning take too long, and the project takes much longer, so the variables have changed. From planning to start of project should only within 5 years, and every 3 years the variables are updated. I know there are Pinoy planners who think otherwise, but things do change very quickly in the modern world.

Looking at the chart there, mmm.....they can turn the lines into tram lines at grade, (MRT 3 in Manila are trams) turn narrow streets into pedestrian mall, close off small side streets, go underground at major intersections or like SF, Boston, subway in downtown. I suppose they can use articulated buses instead of trams too but the coaches can only stretch so long.
I agree with the title... right now Curitiba is now planning to construct a metro under their line to decongest the BRT.

sinabi din yan ng Colombian consultant namin few months ago
I believe it's not. This thread specifies to Cebu City. The other thread discusses about the BRT in general (not only in Cebu, but also in Metro Manila).
Hindi ba duplicate thread ito ?
Ito yung original BRT thread :
For BRT Urban Planners:

My suggested design:
(Jones Ave./Osmeña Boulevard)

Reactions: j01
Parehas rag set up sa jones ave......nice
For BRT Urban Planners:

My suggested design:
(Jones Ave./Osmeña Boulevard)

if you noticed, naay areas nga dunay parkinganan sa mga sakyanan along their brt route. kon diri na sa atua that system alone can create or slow down traffic already kon mag inilugay ug parking. besides that will encourage many to buy their own vehicles kay duna man diay ka parkingan sa dalan.

when i went to chicago to visit my cousing, ashland avenue isthe main street to go to their house. it is about the same width as jones avenue and at times narrower pa gani that requires widening which is in the same situation with jones kay duna may part sa jones nga dili kaayo siya wide.

in chicago maybe 90% of the households have a car and only 10% dont own any which i think will be the opposite here in cebu. but even with only 10% of cebuano households having some form of motorized transportation, it can already clog up the narrow streets that we already have.
Very good observations! Even the main streets in our city do not have service roads for motorists to pull over if breakdowns occur. Naa gani mo fallar, grid lock na dayon! Naay trucks for extricating stalled cars, pero IMO, they charge exhorbitant rates.
if you noticed, naay areas nga dunay parkinganan sa mga sakyanan along their brt route. kon diri na sa atua that system alone can create or slow down traffic already kon mag inilugay ug parking. besides that will encourage many to buy their own vehicles kay duna man diay ka parkingan sa dalan.

when i went to chicago to visit my cousing, ashland avenue isthe main street to go to their house. it is about the same width as jones avenue and at times narrower pa gani that requires widening which is in the same situation with jones kay duna may part sa jones nga dili kaayo siya wide.

in chicago maybe 90% of the households have a car and only 10% dont own any which i think will be the opposite here in cebu. but even with only 10% of cebuano households having some form of motorized transportation, it can already clog up the narrow streets that we already have.
"but even with only 10% of cebuano households having some form of motorized transportation, it can already clog up the narrow streets that we already have."

I do agree with this. Another observation,
usa sa mga butang nga nakapahinay sa movement sa mga sakyanan kay kanang bisan asa lang liko ang mga driver pasulod gawas sa mga parking lots ug driveways intersecting the roads(not a crossing) bisan naa sa opposite side or lane sa mga dan, murag wala gyud ni gi regulate kini nga klase nga buhat sa mga driver bisan ug rush hour. tsk3x
part pud siguro na sa driver education that is in place. ug dili ka kasabut anang mga road signs dili gyud unta ka tagaan ug driver's license. althoug some ignore those signs but kinahanglan ang traffic enforcer must be keen on giving them traffic violation ticket kon ilang masakpan. kon wala pay nadakpan anang kawat2x liko ug cross sa dalan bisan dunay sign then drivers wont learn. kon magbutang man gani ug sign kinahanglan bantayan gyud na until nga wala na gyud mo simang.
Bisag unsaon gahi jud ulo sa mga pinoy! batasan na nato
pag walay bantay magpa badlung..habit na..lisud usbon..

commuter ko ug jeep..
ang driver dili ka hunungan if manaug ka
pero if naay pasahero musakay ilahang pasakyun

so "it depends" :lol:
kwarta na ilaha habol so kwarta pod maoy panghadluk ani nila

Simple!
higher penalties! Solved!
:yes:
part pud siguro na sa driver education that is in place. ug dili ka kasabut anang mga road signs dili gyud unta ka tagaan ug driver's license. althoug some ignore those signs but kinahanglan ang traffic enforcer must be keen on giving them traffic violation ticket kon ilang masakpan. kon wala pay nadakpan anang kawat2x liko ug cross sa dalan bisan dunay sign then drivers wont learn. kon magbutang man gani ug sign kinahanglan bantayan gyud na until nga wala na gyud mo simang.
Gov't signs loan deal for Cebu bus rapid transit system
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 10/31/2014 2:43 PM | Updated as of 10/31/2014 2:43 PM

MANILA – Government has signed the loan agreement for a bus rapid transit project that aims to improve the transport system in Cebu.

The World Bank’s Cebu Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project includes 176 buses and 33 stations, which are expected to serve an estimated 330,000 people per day in 2015.

It also involves the development of segregated BRT bus-ways from Bulacao to Ayala, with a link to Cebu’s South Road Property, a feeder service between Ayala and Talamban with signal priority, an area stop light control, and a central transport control room.

<snipped>

Full article
Reactions: Sleepwalker
So when the BRT commences operations, it will only have 176 buses? I wonder how could they serve the total volume of riders along the proposed route with only 176 buses. Compared to the more than 300 buses that Ceres use plying the southeastern towns of Cebu everyday, with departures at 30 minutes interval.:)

Ceres has also served southwestern towns as well as northern towns with different sets of buses.
=====================================================
French firm eyes other transpo projects in Phl
10 Dec 2014 | PhilStar

Francois-Xavier Perin, president of RATP Dev,
said the French firm is looking at other transportation projects
particularly under the public private partnership (PPP) scheme in the country
after partnering with the Light Rail Manila Consortium (LRMC)
for the P65 billion Light Rail Transit line 1 (LRT-1) Cavite extension project.

He pointed out that RATP Dev
is set to bid for the P1.15-billion operation and maintenance
of the LRT-2 together with LRMC
as well as the proposed Cebu Bus Rapid Transport System (BRT).

Read: http://www.philstar.com/business/2014/12/10/1400892/french-firm-eyes-other-transpo-projects-phl
=====================================================
I wonder why this thread is under "Highways and Roadways", when its more apt under "Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure" since BRT construction will impact the three of the latter?
It may or may not at least there's something on the line.:nuts: Philippines is a poor corrupt third world country which can't afford SUBWAYS!. :eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno:
BRT DOSENT WORK!
Reactions: ahehe_96
moron if they dont have any money build an elevated railway
IMO elevated railways are the ugliest thing you could ever put in cebu's roads fact in any road of any city in the world. It is noisy and well.. UGLY. describe MRT... Hmnn. Lol. Anyways who cares about aesthetics? Third world countries can't afford aesthetics! Poor Lol.
moron if they dont have any money build an elevated railway
Reactions: JY.Lee
is that all you got stupidity?
21 - 40 of 1238 Posts