SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Dhaka-Ottawa-DC
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By popular demand I am posting pics of few buildings in Dhaka. There are about few hundred buildings in Dhaka that are between 12-30 storied. I am still gathering pictures of them. Here's whatever I have so far. I know suncity would love it. Enjoy.

Bangladesh Bank Building

Sena kalyan Bhaban

Bashundhara City

Navana Tower

Grameen Bank

Islamic Development bank

Karnaphuli Garden City

Meherba Plaza

Unique Trade Centre

Iqbal Centre

Silver Tower

Concord Crescent Tower

Lotus Kamal Tower - 1

Brac University

Brac Centre Inn

Jiban Bima Tower

Bangladesh Shilpa Bank Bhaban

Nagar Bhaban

Bangladesh Secretariet

Rangs Bhaban

Proshika Bhaban

Landmark Tower

Rupayan Centre

LandView Plaza

TK Bhaban

Pragati Center

Rajuk Bhaban

Mascot Plaza

Eastern Fortune

BTA Tower/ Star Tower

Apartments

Pubali bank Head Office

Concord Tower

Kazi Tower

Beximco

Desktop IT House/Dragon Tower

ABC House

Janata Tower

CRP

Petrocentre

Green University/NGO Affairs Bureau

Eastern Tower

Janata Bank Bhaban

BSRS Bhaban

Ekushe TV Bhaban

BRAC/ Islam Chambers

BIRDEM Hospital

BSMMU Hospital

Dhaka Sheraton

Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel

Best Western La Vinci Hotel/Westin Dhaka

Sarina Hotel/Purbani International Hotel

Chamber of Commerce Banani Tower

LGED Bhaban

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Tmac.......Dhaka Sheraton is Awesome. I love it. If you look around some of the Dhaka highrises, seems like good amout of construction still going on & couple of more highrises are still going up. Incredible. In couple of pictures, Dhaka seems to have more highrises in cluster than even Karachi. I know both are financial capitals of their respected counties but I never thought I will give Dhaka a slight edge over Karachi.

Tmac......can you post upcoming highrise list of Dhaka. I'm sure there is lot more than this.

BTW you are doing a great job representing Bangladesh here. Keep it up.

·
Dhaka-Ottawa-DC
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hindustani

Hindustani, thank you very much for the compliment. You are right..Dhaka has about few hundred buildings under construction right now. In this I only posted pictures of individual buildings, later I will be posting pictures of Dhaka skyline...clusters of buildings. It has a pretty nice skyline for a south asian country. I know many people have been surprised after seeing the pics. Dhaka is a modern city with modern structures. It's not as poor as it may seem from the outside. There are so many modern GLASS buildings in Dhaka, it's incredible. Stay tuned...

ps. SUNCITY had mentioned earlier in this forum that he thinks Dhaka is second only to Mumbai in terms of modern architecture in that region.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Tmac said:
Hindustani, thank you very much for the compliment. You are right..Dhaka has about few hundred buildings under construction right now. In this I only posted pictures of individual buildings, later I will be posting pictures of Dhaka skyline...clusters of buildings. It has a pretty nice skyline for a south asian country. I know many people have been surprised after seeing the pics. Dhaka is a modern city with modern structures. It's not as poor as it may seem from the outside. There are so many modern GLASS buildings in Dhaka, it's incredible. Stay tuned...

ps. SUNCITY had mentioned earlier in this forum that he thinks Dhaka is second only to Mumbai in terms of modern architecture in that region.

Tmac.....I'm sure Dhaka Skyline pictures will be awesome. I like whats going on in Dhaka. Great for the city & good for the country.

·
27,287 Posts
This collection is growing. It's simple amazing how many towers are already there in Dhaka and how much construction is going on.

Dhaka rocks!!!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Wow. Incredible. Well. that says it. Dhaka is 2nd only to Mumbai in skyscrapers activity in south Asia. unbelievable amount of midrises & fair amount of highrises as well. & looks like lot more highrises are upcoming. Dhaka is officially a Mumbai's evil twin now. :)

Tmac............Keep the thread going. Its turning out great.

·
Dhaka-Ottawa-DC
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some lowrise offices in Dhaka....

Premier Bank

NCC Bank

Shahjalal Bank

Mobil House

Eastern Bank

·
Dhaka-Ottawa-DC
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dhaka Density

Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel

Scolastica School

IDB Bhaban

Bashundhara City

Inqilab Bhaban

Karnaphuli Garden City

·
Banned
162 Posts
If I am not mistaken, then Dhaka is the only city in South Asia, where they have a hand-rickshaw pullers union. It's startling - they have more than 4 million rickshaws on the streets of that city. Actually rickshaws are more handy than proper vehicles in a city which is prone to flooding!

·
Dhaka-Ottawa-DC
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ViMo said:
If I am not mistaken, then Dhaka is the only city in South Asia, where they have a hand-rickshaw pullers union. It's startling - they have more than 4 million rickshaws on the streets of that city. Actually rickshaws are more handy than proper vehicles in a city which is prone to flooding!
there are no hand-rickshaws in Bangladesh. They are the tri-cycle type. The rickshaws cannot ply on major streets in Dhaka. They have been banning rickshaws slowly from all the major streets in Dhaka. By 2008, rickshaws are going to be phased out of Dhaka.

·
27,287 Posts
ViMo said:
I think Kolkata is the only city in South Asia with hand pulled rickshaws and unions. Long plans to ban them have met with stiff resistance from mentally backward social activists who have their priorities and concepts of modern world economy wrong. And the fatcats (in cash and weight) of Burrabazar are the ones who patronize these rickshaws because they want to save 50 paise.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts