SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2238 Posts

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets continue this discussion. Starting from Ayala Gateway and the proposed JW Marriott there. Queetz has some renderings to post and some info to tell us...

Q

·
0 Posts
Ok. Below is the one and only rendering of the proposed BPI Gateway project.

The main tower is presumably the BPI HQ and based on its size in terms of sq meters (I have to look for that info), it should be around 50+ storeys. The lowrise long building beside it is presumably the hotel component.

Notice that the site where RCBC Plaza is right now is empty and the site where GT International Tower is right now was the 9 storey building that previously occupied that site and was burned just before the 1992 elections (Laurel's office was there). The Ayala FGU Tower can clearly be seen as well since it is an Ayala building.

Below is a map taken from the Burgundy Corporate Tower website which shows the site of the Gateway project, as well as other proposed and existing buildings.

It looks like Burgundy Corporate Tower will be sandwiched between the now existing West of Ayala tower and a proposed Ayala building. Talk about wall to wall.... :rant:

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks queetz...

I think the "Ayala Gateway Project" on that map is where JW Marriott and BPI are supposed to be. While the other proposed Ayala projects are either skyscrapers or commerical buildings.

This has all been proposed for such a long time. Do you think this project will still go up?

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
hmm.. i see. that's quite a big lot, so i guess a street can be made through, and two buildings can be built there.

there's a proposed Ayala Commerical project in the MMC parking lot.. a mall?

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very Prime location indeed. Ayala Gateway is right in front of two of the country's most advanced office towers and nearby a major hospital. It would be a waste not to build anything.

I dont think it is a bad location for a 5 star hotel...JW Marriott would prosper there, especially for business executives as it is very close to the country's top offices. But true, it is not very near a commerical area, maybe the proposed Ayala commercial area is to support the Gateway project.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by renell

hmm.. i see. that's quite a big lot, so i guess a street can be made through, and two buildings can be built there.

there's a proposed Ayala Commerical project in the MMC parking lot.. a mall?
a street? there are already streets/roads there. That map just exaggerated the size of the land for Ayala Gateway, thats all.

possibly a mall, or maybe a building housing a few shops.

·
Registered
11,842 Posts
Which are the best hotels in MM, which any visitor should stay in at least once in their lifetime?

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by huaiwei

Which are the best hotels in MM, which any visitor should stay in at least once in their lifetime?
There are two "best" hotels in MM. One is of course, Manila Hotel. It survived two of the World Wars and was General McArthur's favorite hotel. It is still one of the most luxurious hotels in Asia. Another hotel is the Manila Peninsula in Makati. Great lobby, luxurious rooms and excellent location (Ayala ave corner Makati ave.).

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
yeah, Manila Hotel would be a must go. though the new area of it looks very ugly, very 50's.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by renell

yeah, Manila Hotel would be a must go. though the new area of it looks very ugly, very 50's.
yeah if you stay in the Manila Hotel, you have to stay in the older, shorter building. That is the section that survived the wars.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the top of my head here's a list of big 4-5 star hotels in MM:
The Manila Hotel
Pan Pacific Hotel Manila
Hyatt Regency
Heritage Hotel
Westin Philippine Plaza
Discovery Suites Ortigas
Shangri-la EDSA
Shangri-la Makati
Dusit Makati
The Manila Peninsula, Makati
Galleria Regency
A few holiday Inns...i forgot their names
Mandarin Oriental
Richmonde Hotel
Manila Diamond Hotel
Intercontinental Hotel
Millennium Plaza hotel
New World Rennaissance Makati
Oakwood Premier
Century Park Hotel
Century Citadel Inn Hotel
City Garden Hotel Makati
Horizon EDSA Hotel

phew...that was mind damaging...:D any more?

Wish we had more 5 stars like Grand Hyatt, JW Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Sheraton and Hilton. All of those are proposed (except Hilton), some may not be built but hopefully in the future.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A Hotel boom will only come after the office boom and a tourism increase (which is happening)...

J

·
0 Posts
Question guys, so is the Four Seasons Hotel the one from the luxury Fours Seasons/Regent hotel chain...
if not, i think it's so wrong to mislead people into thinking it is...
is that even legal to do that???

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Four Seasons in Makati is not a hotel. It seems like a luxury serviced apartment. I dunno if the Regent/Four Seasons owns it though.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
well it's only 38 floors, but it's quite tall, does that give an indicator to anything? maybe not:D

anyways, i havent seen anything in the net about it.. weird

1 - 20 of 2238 Posts