SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 24715 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mega Metro Manila Malls

Okay, I don't know how I came up with that name, but let's have a thread for some of our malls...

here are a few images I was able to save from before the hack of Greenbelt - to me one of - if not the - best malls in the country. It was actually awarded one of the best malls in the world. I posted the article before the hack but can't find it now...

not only is it the best mall, it's also one of the best pieces of art the country's got! I love Ayala for this!!!

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
there's another Mall on the blueprint...
it's named North Something regional mall...located at the north station of MRT. A joing project of MRT and Ayala...
I forgot the cost, im sorry...its about 4 something billions.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
isn't that the North Triangle Project thing?

hey how about some SMmega mall pics? :D

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Yup! Thats the north triangle MRT 3 and MRT 7 super-station. It will have a Ayala mall and a couple of highrise condos on top (so i heard). This project has been on hold for quite a while now, i hope they will restart it soon. Ayala owns shares in MRT 3, btw;) It will also have a huge parking lot for commuters to park their cars and ride to MRT to work...pretty cool

I was just talking about that project with Lance before we got hacked.....

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,973 Posts
The Podium: Henry Sy's attempt at building malls with character.

The Podium is actually going to be the podium of the future SM-KS Tower in Ortigas Center.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Yup, its a very classy mall. Not that big, its really just a podium. The elevators are so fast, a sign of how tall the towers will be. And the car park goes so damn deep, another sign of how tall this will be.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
now im just waiting for a 55-storey twin complex to be built above it:)

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
haha...yeah Renell...the moment i get the info about it, Phil forumers will be the ones to know. well, we're the only ones who has nothing to do about it but are very excited about it. the marketing gurl of ASB Malayan did not want to tell me whether this project will push thru or not. i inquired about their ASB proj (which about 2/3 sold out now)...and we've talked about SM-KS. She knows something about the status of this tower but hesitated to tell me whether it will push thru or not. She's quite afraid that i will buy units at SM-KS instead. Hahahaha...:D Crazy. So, that means SM-KS has chances of being built.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
haha...

i still have to visit the Podium, was sister was there last Dec. 2002, but i've never been there

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
we might bump at each other. the good thing is...i can't remember how u exactly look like. so there's nothing to worry about. hahaha...then we might find ourselves taking photos of the same things. i mean the towers. and hey, don't forget to visit the scale models...Shang Grand Tower at Shangri la, then Boni Ridge at Greenbelt Cinema, and a nearby Residences also at Greenbelt...3rd level, Columns at Glorrieta 4, what else?
:D i dunno where has the ASB model has gone.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
hahaha...u guys might see each other:D One of you would be like "who's that crazy guy taking pics?" until you get close and say "hoy, si renell/francis pala!" hehehehhe:D

Cool...im still waiting for the future of the SM-KS buildings...Just tell her you arent interested in buying SM-KS units, Francis...

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Some mall news from philstar.com:

"This year, ALI expects to break ground on the 200,000 square meter North Triangle Commercial Center in Quezon City in 2004. Phase 1 of the Market! Market!, located next to Fort Bonifacio Global City, will be completed later in the year.

Development will also commence on a residential enclave being planned for a 8.5-hectare lot in Fort Bonifacio area, a joint venture with the Bases Conversion Development Authority."

so the north triangle mall/MRT station will commence (re-start) this year... And Market! Market! will open this year. The last sentence hints the serandra??

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GreyX said:
Some mall news from philstar.com:

"This year, ALI expects to break ground on the 200,000 square meter North Triangle Commercial Center in Quezon City in 2004. Phase 1 of the Market! Market!, located next to Fort Bonifacio Global City, will be completed later in the year.

Development will also commence on a residential enclave being planned for a 8.5-hectare lot in Fort Bonifacio area, a joint venture with the Bases Conversion Development Authority."

so the north triangle mall/MRT station will commence (re-start) this year... And Market! Market! will open this year. The last sentence hints the serandra??
sweeeeet!!! if the mall pushes through, then there's a bigger chance of the MRT pushing ahead as well. the second part does sound like Serendra...

I hope the SM-KS towers push through too. what does KS mean? they were supposed to be three towers or something, right? the podium looks a bit small for them though... or even just two. who knows? I just wanna see them up soon. let's hope SM builds scrapers a tad better than they do malls. hehehehe...!

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
KS means Keppel (and i dunno what the "s" is). Keppel is a Singaporean firm joining forces with SM in this project.
I think Poduim is just the base for one of the towers;) I think it is for the 70 storey tower.

Well, MRT 7 is already approved so this new mall is just goes along with it.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
haha...yes right. now what about that thread which features all things that makes a Filipino proud to be Filipino? Or in other words the self-conceited/enthnocentric thread? I liked that thread.

1 - 20 of 24715 Posts