SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 7040 Posts

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
btw, i saw something near the World Plaza in Buendia, looked like it was Four Seasons.. the crane is still there, and it looks like it's as tall as the World Plaza to the roof, not the spire..

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
meaning you are in the Philippines Rennie boy?
4 seasons is definitely taller The world Center. i think its even taller than the spire.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
Francis20 said:
meaning you are in the Philippines Rennie boy?
4 seasons is definitely taller The world Center. i think its even taller than the spire.
yep i am. im a very quick person, evading everythin:p

actually i just forgot to warn you guys, i thought ryan would tell u ppl..

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
HAHA...cool! maybe u wanna drop by at Citibank rooftop. just make it sure im NOT there to tour you around. im afraid of strangers u know! hahaahha....

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
actually i was planning on going to the Nestle building rooftop... haha

anything interesting in manila or makati i shold be going to? u/c sites?

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok, u go then give us some photos. its quite hazy today tho. then wave ur hand so i could see you from up there at Citibank.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
Francis20 said:
ok, u go then give us some photos. its quite hazy today tho. then wave ur hand so i could see you from up there at Citibank.
yep, very hazy today... dont worry ill be taking pics:)

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
come afternoon, it would be be the best time to take photos of Ortigas and Fort Boni. minutes after and before sundown, it would be best to take photos of makati CBD. imo. my idea.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
hmm.. ok thanks for the tip. maybe this week i can do that. if not next week.. i got 12 days

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
plus don't forget the night shots. be sure to use the best cam, and take shots on a friday night right after sundown, when makati towers are still busily lit up...when Rockwell CBD is burning like [email protected]#$$ and when Pacific Plaza Towers are cool in blue & purple.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
yes, that's good enough...better if u have night modes on it. or better if its a digi-SLR, so u could set shutter speed, maybe to 2 seconds. the outcome would be brighter than what a human eye could see. hehe...that's what i think.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Use your dad's new camera for night shots, renell...
How does One Adriatico look like?

Both of you give us observation updates! Tell us how the u/cs look like and how they are going.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
i doubt he'll let me use it, im already borrowing his Canon... :D

btw, i just had lunch in Robinsons Ermita, and i saw no One Adriatico place. but there was something u/c beside PGH i think...

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
read this one...this is the u/c across RCBC that kept me wondering what. now i figured out...

the E-Services Bldg by Ayala Land.
too bad it will only be a 5-storey bldg

The Philippines’ quest to be Asia’s hub for information technology-enabled services has taken a huge stride with the recent signing of a memorandum of agreement between Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI) and PeopleSupport (Philippines), Inc. for the construction of an e-services office building - the country’s first structure fully dedicated to call center and business process outsourcing operations - in the Makati Central Business District.

Under the agreement, ALI will construct a five-storey building - to be named PeopleSupport Center - at the corner of Amorsolo Street and Ayala Avenue in Makati City in just over a year. US-based PeopleSupport, on the other hand, will lease over 15,000 square-meters of office space in the building for 10 years. PeopleSupport Center will accommodate over 3,000 IT and call center professionals.

“This is a partnership of faith. Faith in ALI’s expertise in constructing state-of-the-art office buildings and capability to deliver on time, as well as faith in the reputation of PeopleSupport, now the Philippines’ most profitable and second largest call center enterprise,” says Francisco H. Licuanan III, ALI president. “Most significantly, the partnership is a show of faith in the resiliency of the Philippine economy.”

The Philippines is well placed to fill the vacuum being created by India in the Asian call center industry. After having captured a significant share of global outsourcing, India is now gradually moving away from mass-based support services and towards higher end services such as systems integration and software development. The Department of Trade and Industry under the Macapagal-Arroyo government has taken advantage of this development by creating favorable policies geared towards attracting overseas IT investment. The E-Commerce Act has also gone a long way to promoting the Philippines as an IT center in Asia. This augurs well for the labor sector, which is replete with high skilled and proficient IT and IT-driven professionals.

“We are very pleased to have involved Ayala Land in PeopleSupport’s expansion program in the Philippines,” Bong Borja, PeopleSupport (Philippines) president, says. “PeopleSupport is excited to be part of the country’s efforts to create more jobs and pour investments in the local IT-enabled services industry which has proven to be globally competitive.”

Targeted to break ground on March 2004, the e-services office building is a build-to-suit IT facility with a long-term lease. It will have a combination of over 15,800 sq. m. of office space and nearly 1,300 sq. m. of retail space at the ground floor. Leechiu & Associates served as property consultant for this agreement.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Aw, man!! That sucks! Such prime lot, in a great location! I wished the Gateway project pushed through, not this!:rant:

Has got to be one of the worst ALI projects, ever! Sure, its technologically advanced but still why waste this lot?!?

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
well it's a big one, therefore there's not much need for a scraper, from ALI's point of view.. but it sucks indeed..

anyways, some updates. that Legaspi Place has a crane, but no construction happening. 1322 DOES still have a crane on top, and Embassy Pointe is still u/c in the helipad.. Oriental Gardens number 2 is fast finishing. Greenbelt Radissons looks like it's done, but it's extremely ugly, it's smaller than Somerset Millenium

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
thanks for those updates Renell. you sure 1322 does still have a crane on it? its supposed to be turned over this June. the crane shouldnt be there nymore.
u must be talking about that thingy thats used as pulley or something for window washers or facade painters.

This E-Services bldg really sucks. it should be a tall skyscraper instead. i was dismayed when i visited the site yesterday and found this out. then i looked up at the net what this project is. but as what is already said...it's a build to suit bldg...so there. they got sure investments, maybe that's why. i think people support used to stay at Philamlife, then to Summit bldg...then to the E-Services bldg. and for 10 years? we have no chances of it being demolished soon and replaced by a taller one.
but who knows...itd just be a podium for something. but the foundation is too shallow for a tower. it's only about 7 or 8 feet. but there's some excavations or diggings happening at the section nearest the Burgundy side...hopefully, part of it would be a skyscraper.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Renell, Francis, Weirdo, Lance and Mhe-ann go there and protest!! hehehe:D

but i still prefer a skyscraper in the E-Services site than one near Burgandy (connected bare walls!). They should have stayed in Summit and Philam Life!!

Thanks for the update renell.

41 - 60 of 7040 Posts