SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 11009 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metro Manila Skyway - Compiled Threads

Got these from an old copy (1996) of Construction Management magazine... to think that these plans are almost a decade old already!... and the future fate of the Skyway Project is still in uncertain...

I love this one... the proposed segment along A. Bonifacio/G. Araneta Ave. - a double-decker!

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
:eek2: Sweet thread, apiong! Thats amazing...thanks for showing us this. I think we still have a chance of having all that built. With the economy improving, and the need of a expressway to ease traffic, all of this still could still be built soon. Those interchanges are awesome...i love the double decker too.
Some of those are built though.

How about C6? How will that look like? is it a ground level expressway? That should be good too. What is the status of that?

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
galing!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
it would be stunning to see all that come up in Manila!! the double decker is sweet!! the models look so complicated too!!! they all seem as if they were in Japan or something!! would've been so nice, damn! and the double decker would pratically have been "right in front" of our house...!!!!

·
No Fiscal crisis...
877 Posts
i drove on the skyway two days ago... gosh bitin. imagine driving from quirino to NLEX in like 20 minutes or less... sarap. darn this government sucks. Bakit d na lang re-bid to other firms kung super cash-strapped na ang CITRA and they can't continue with the project? mga 5 year na delayed to ah. para yung hopewell project sa Bangkok...

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
CITRA (a Indonesian company) is starting to build new tollways here in Jakarta again. They are continuing toll projects that were on hold during the monetary crisis. So i hope they will continue the skyway soon.

·
Wanderlust
357 Posts
I wonder how much it would cost now. And I thought that it would unclog the commute from Alabang to Makati, etc.. -sigh-

·
No Fiscal crisis...
877 Posts
i think what CITRA would do is stage 2 muna and wait for mga a year or two for the company to be profitable muna... or sana they get bullish and build stages 2 and 3 simultaneously para matapos na tong problem sa traffic sa EDSA..... nice sana also kung tapos na yung NAIA expressway, very complementary... Gosh, God help CITRA.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
sweet :runaway:

this looks old, if i'm not mistaken, the NAIA expesssway connection has to be around here..

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
renell said:
sweet :runaway:

this looks old, if i'm not mistaken, the NAIA expesssway connection has to be around here..
yup, those model pictures I scanned dates back to 1996!

It also reflects the major design/alignment changes... for example, the Makati on/off ramps were supposed to enter via Buendia but due to environmental clamor (the trees along the middle island of Buendia/Gil Puyat Ave.), the alignment was adjusted to Arnaiz Ave/Amorsolo St. (to the dismay of some residents there...)

Yup, the NAIA Expressway - Sales Interchange is being built at the location portrayed by picture 3C...

----------------------------------------------------------

An additional picture below: The Sucat Interchange segment of hopefully would be built soon as part of Stage-2 Phase-1 (Construction Management Magazine cover - April 1996)

http://www.metromanilaskyway.com/stage2/s2.html

looks like they started with Stage 2 Phase 2 first... :runaway:

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Didnt you guys say that the NAIA expressway will connect to the skyway? If it will, then the real thing will be better than that model of the Sales Interchange.

haha @ apiong, the off-ramp that goes through Arnaiz ave. and amorsolo is near my condo, and yes it is an aweful sight. But i dont care, its good infrastructure anyways.

nice picture...looks so "un-Philippines":D:D

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
the Arnaiz on-off ramps really screwed up traffic around Don Bosco.. i remember there was big opposition to the skyway ramps.

nice, superb stuff apiong:eek:kay:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Actually with the Buendia-to-Arnaiz switch it turned out to be a case of all's well that ends well. Can you imagine if the ramp were in Buendia now? From inside the Makati CBD you'd need to go through Buendia traffic with all those buses just to get off or on it. At least Amorsolo/Arnaiz never really gets as clogged as Buendia since there aren't any buses.

Diba it's an election year in Indonesia as well? I hope it doesn't affect Citra negatively.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
I agree, the Arnaiz off-ramp worked out better than the original plans of the buendia off-ramp. It would have really damaged the image of buendia.

Yes it is election year here. The Parliament election is already done, but they are still counting!! It is taking forever, its already been a month!:rant: So far, there hasnt been any violence election related. The presidency election is on July and thats when it really heats up. I hope everything will remain peaceful for that.

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
well people are getting used to the on-off ramps.. but going to Don Bosco church is hard now... especially from Makati Cinema Square

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
not really. Just exit Cinema square on Pasong Tamo and turn left into Arnaiz, and there your in Don Bosco! Or you could exit on Amorsolo and go straight, and Don Bosco would be right in front of you!:)

1 - 20 of 11009 Posts