SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 11034 Posts

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
exactly, look at the hassle there;) but people are getting used to it, that's a fact

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
I see no hassle. It hasnt changed.

What has changed is if you are coming from Landmark or Greenbelt on your way to Pasay, Pio del Pilar or Waltermart. You would have to go through Arnaiz and then turn right on Amorsolo since you cannot go straight because of the ramp. After turning right you have to turn left on Herrara and left again on Pasong Tamo. then you can turn right back on Arnaiz and procede to Pasay....so effectively, you go around Makati Cinema Square.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, not much added hassle really because the stretch of Arnaiz from South Super to Pasong Tamo has been one-way for ages since even before the skyway. Coming from South Super, most vehicles going to Don Bosco or Arnaiz exit at Don Bosco St. anyway.

It's the Bicutan exit that's really added to the hassle over in that area, and the traffic snarl is also heavily compounded by SM Bicutan.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
Yeah, the ramp in Bicutan really took up lots of space. And to make matters worse, SM Bicutan is right there adding more congestion. I like SM Bicutan though, the inside is really nice. Because its one of the newest SMs its one of the best;)

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
well it took up those space because it wasnt used, so they used it. they will have less space to use in the Sucat Interchange. but Alabang has more space.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
MVP's property comeback
Posted: 0:59 AM | Jul. 21, 2004

Victor Agustin
Inquirer News Service

MANUEL V. Pangilinan, the chairman of Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT) and chief executive of Hong Kong-based conglomerate First Pacific Co. Ltd., who is known by his initials MVP, almost lost his and his Indonesian principals' shirt on the Fort Bonifacio Global City project near the Makati business district, but it looks like their First Pacific group is ready to give the Philippine property-infrastructure sector one more try.

To this end, the First Pacific group and a Hong Kong fund company, Asian Avenue Capital Group, are said to have acquired the stake of American International Group (AIG) in the uncompleted Metro Manila Skyway project.

And, according to the grapevine, MVP is also finalizing the details of his group's takeover of the French-Malaysian-Philippine consortium that just recently bought out listed Crown Equities from the South Luzon Expressway-Santo Tomas-Rosario Highway interconnection project.

MVP only vaguely referred to his principals as "Indonesian investors," apparently to include Skyway builder Citra, when he made what apparently was a premature disclosure to reporters Friday of the planned Balintawak-to-Batangas venture.

According to the grapevine, the putative takeover and fund-raising venture is at least a year away from reality, considering the kind and number of negotiations with disparate parties and regulatory hurdles that such an ambitious, yet vital infrastructure deal entail.

If MVP can complete the takeover, the driven ex-investment banker, now riding high for having turned PLDT around, could add "Skyway King" to his titles.

The MVP group plans to finish the entire 35-kilometer Alabang-Balintawak Skyway project, of which only the traffic-starved 10-kilometer Bicutan-Buendia segment has been built because of the regional currency crisis.

For the Skyway to make money, the elevated expressway, according to an MVP aide, must be lengthened and integrated within a greatly expanded South Luzon Expressway, much like its North Luzon counterpart, so that the entire road network could funnel a critical mass of traffic into the more expensive overhead thoroughfare.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
looks like the Skyway may be revived after all!! I'm hoping this will actually materialize over the year...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
wow! i really wish the gov't get the investors to build this, thay could charge a little bit more and i bet people would be willing to pay for the convinience.

i could only imagine the development around the proposed skyway! sayang but hope they would build it =)

·
Registered
378 Posts
hi, evryone here in the south is actualy hoping & praying for the skyway to be finally completed, but i think it would stil take 5 more years, at least, to get everything done. one of our ambassador/professor here never fails to compare our country w/ thailand everytime he lectures on class-its getting sickening alrdy!, and he says bangkok is really way way ahead of manila in terms of infras, they have kuno more than 80 kms. of skyways crisscrossing the city, w/ 6-lanes elevated, & 12 lanes at grade level goin to ayutthaya imagine!!! when during the early 70s twas d reverse, manila has more well-paved manicured roads, while most of bangkok's are just made of soil & gravel-oh well! & not to mention, meron nadin clang subway, & a new airport, kakainggit:-<

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
yeah... it's sad what happened to the Philippines. I guess it's just like the turning of a wheel. we won't always be on top and those at the bottom won't always sit down there. it seems the Philippines is around at the middle of the wheel and it's either going to back up or continue turning further forward (til we reach the bottom)...

with the corruption, graft, red-tape and bad gov't-investor relationships (i.e. NAIA-3) we really can't expect investors to come in and volunteer to pitch in some money to help the country. according to various taxi drivers in BKK, many of their elevated highways were built by investors and I believe many of them were happy to work with the Thai government. what the GMA administration seriously has to work on now is to clean up the government's bad image being projected to foreign investors who would like to put some money into the country but do not want to take the risk.

R

·
0 Posts
have you read the news that first pacific is investing on the skyway....binili yata nila yung share ng AIG....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ronnaveth said:
have you read the news that first pacific is investing on the skyway....binili yata nila yung share ng AIG....
I posted a column up there, but it's not an official article. just some speculations of a columnist from Inq7Money...

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
haha. wag masyadong maiinggit.. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
yeah, i hope they start the construction of the rest of the skyway, this is the only answer and remedy for the ugly traffic we have in MM.

mhe-ann, sorry but i feel the same way as the others, we are so behind na! kawawang kawawa na talaga pinas! went to bangkok 1992 and they already have part of their elevated highway and until now we onlt have a 10km elevated highway =( sad sad sad

·
Federer Express!!!
716 Posts
honestly, I feel the same way. I feel bad that there's a lot of corruptions going on... :no:

·
No Fiscal crisis...
877 Posts
hay... i don't wanna keep my hopes up. have learned my lesson many many times :)

when erap was ousted... i said woah, an economist could finish it... after 4 years, GMA did nothing to build it....

ayoko na masaktan.... hehe

pero i still have some hope left that one day, i'll be driving from NLEX-SLEX in just 20 minutes at 100-140km/h.... :)

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
i'm sure the skyway is not dead at all. it's just typical of pinoy to slow things down since it's not top priority. we do need a highway, with toll or not, going to different parts of the metro

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
federal said:
pero i still have some hope left that one day, i'll be driving from NLEX-SLEX in just 20 minutes at 100-140km/h.... :)
that would be awesome! that'll be the day... how long would it take to get from Clark to Alabang then? an hour and a half? that would just be sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
well, i beleive infrastructures like the skyway is what we are currently lacking to be more competitive to our neighboring countires. could you guys imagine how MM skyline would look once they finished the skyway? there would be high rise everywhere.....

21 - 40 of 11034 Posts