SkyscraperCity banner

10961 - 10980 of 11658 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a separate expressway above the PNR alignment connecting to NLEX. They're building two expressways to connect NLEX and SLEX, FYI.The PNR alignment is too far west of manila to provide needed convenience to the rest of Metro Manila.

In addition, what you want, to respect private property (i.e. not expropriate any property) is impossible for an efficient infrastructure. You say that the alignment along the San Juan River is impractical. What more if less expropriation of private land was made?
Hmm if you look at a map of Manila, the proposed NLEx SLEx Connector Road and the current Skyway Stage 3 aren't too far from each other.

JICA actually studied all routes to and fro NLEx and SLEx (thru Araneta, thru PNR) and found that the PNR alignment is far more optimal (less ROW issues, less businesses affected, less curvy alignment, more spaces between buildings and the viaduct, etc) than the Araneta route - with the PNR alignment, there is also an option to build rampways thru Espana - Q Ave and Ramon Magsaysay - Aurora Bvd that could further decongest the roads. The MMS3, for example, doesn't even have a direct exit to Aurora Boulevard/Magsaysay.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The JICA study assumed that the NLEx SLEx Connector Road project will take the PNR ROW but did not include North South Rail Project in its study. DOTr and DPWH had determined that the NSRP will be given priority over the PNR ROW. NLEx SLEx Connector Road will not be build on top of NSRP but constructed in close proximity to each other to minimize land acquisition. The ROW is not wide enough to accomodate the 2 projects and there are more small houses / business affected beside the PNR ROW from C3 to Pandacan versus Skyway 3. There will be only 1 entry/exit ramp at Espana.

·
Registered Follower
890 Posts
Actually, I am more of in favor that there is no direct exit on some places this project passes through. More exits will lead to congestion. The Quezon Avenue exit for an instance has to be double-deck in terms of structure because the Right of way is very limited and it also needs a toll plaza. These connector projects are more of a bypass route for commerce and trading rather than to serve people within its vicinity.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
A more exciting drive with lots of turns vs boring sleep inducing straight highway, great to have options!

·
Registered
26,184 Posts
MVP's road is more suited for NLEx - SLEx direct travel bypassing MM

RSA's road is more suited for in-city - MM travel [pero sana nagkaron to ng connection sa meh Aurora Blvd / SM Sta. Mesa area.]

·
Registered
333 Posts

RSA's road is more suited for in-city - MM travel [pero sana nagkaron to ng connection sa meh Aurora Blvd / SM Sta. Mesa area.]
Hindi ba me provision ito papasok ng skyway if galing ng Aurora and SM Sta Mesa area?

·
Beautiful User
2,153 Posts
Ako naman nakukulangan sana nagkaroon ng on/off ramp sa may Kalentong Area along San Juan River alignment. Sakto sana sa mga papunta o galing Shaw Blvd/Mandaluyong.

·
Registered
7 Posts

It sure seems like it – after making measurements and assigning exit numbers, ang haba rin pala ng parte ng NLEX Connector na walang exit, bale España lang tapos Skyway na. The gap between Pandacan and Sta Mesa feels pretty big too though...

Hindi ba me provision ito papasok ng skyway if galing ng Aurora and SM Sta Mesa area?
Mukhang banda roon pa sa dulo ng Araneta Ave, lampas konti ng Aurora Blvd. I think absinthe_888 was talking about kung meron ding exit from Skyway to that area.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Ako naman nakukulangan sana nagkaroon ng on/off ramp sa may Kalentong Area along San Juan River alignment. Sakto sana sa mga papunta o galing Shaw Blvd/Mandaluyong.
Maganda sana kaso ang sikip na ng Shaw Blvd. Kasumpasumpa yung traffic dyan mula sa OLLH hanggang Wackwack.

·
Registered Follower
890 Posts
May chance pa naman siguro lagyan ng exit pa-Aurora. Since napansin ko sa exits ng Skyway may toll plazas, pwedeng yung connection nito papuntang Connector ang lagyan ng toll plaza then magkakaroon ng 2 ways, a one lane ramp that leads to Aurora following the original alignment then magseseparate ulit sa V. Mapa banda yung isa papuntang Kalentong at yung isa papuntang Aurora. Instead of passing directly towards N. Domingo, na papuntang SM Santa Mesa, doon na lang nila padaanin sa V. Mapa. Since one lane ramp lang ito, I think hindi naman ganun kalaki ang problema sa Right of Way.

To summarize what I'm proposing, mas magiging makabuluhan yung connection nito sa Connector kung magkakaroon pa ng exits leading to roads I've mentioned. Para kasing imposible na lagyan sa San Juan River kasi sarado na siya ulit at gawa na ang Sevilla Bridge. The toll plaza I'm proposing will be built on the Pasig River Crossing area before the two expressways separate their ways. Hitting two birds in one stone.

attached pic for guide:
2E46F881-A6DA-4BC6-AF17-AD9020DD390B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
May render here before 3-4 months ago ang SB on ramp/ NB off ramp sa dulo ng Paco-Sta Mesa road bago mag Unioil Valenzuela St.

·
Registered
672 Posts
They need to solve the problem in that area for the ramp. Because the next on ramp from the picture has giant electricity pole in the middle on the next on ramp. It has been there for two years. There is one pole in the middle, then farther up the same ramp at the edge of the ramp. For some reason both have not been moved in two or three years. If I remember, the ramp is in front of Shell gas station.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sharing lang.

Passed by Skyway NB and SB last night from NAIAX, usable na yung 4th lane (median barrier delete). So there's 4 lanes SB na alanganin ang lapad.

Also, 80 kph speedlimit signs were in place.

·
Registered
153 Posts

At Northern Terminus of skyway stage 3 (Near balintawak toll plaza) it looks like skyway will be extended north but does anyone have an idea where it will be extended? any reference/opinion/theory would do :)

ctto. DimitriValencia

10961 - 10980 of 11658 Posts