Eighty three (83) months of waiting, documented and uploaded one hundred and one (101) update videos for Skyway stage 3 and finally the #SkywayStage3 main line will be opened to the motorist (soft opening) in the coming days as promised by the proponent.
I have religiously followed this big infrastructure project from the first pile boring activity on Osmena Highway up to offshore works due to realignment on Section 2 up to extension of Section 5 towards Balintawak. Seven years (7) of waiting and one of my wish list has finally come true, a double deck elevated roadway in the busy congested Metro Manila, an alternative to EDSA that is a hopeless road and something we can be proud of in our country. Proponent #SMCInfrastructure used various materials and methodology in building this mega project, aashto girder, steel box girder, UB steel girders you name it, its all here, different coping beams too.
This project has gave many jobs to people and many working experience to most newly graduate engineers. Old and new engineers dedicated their time and effort on this project. There are unfortunately incidents too that happened like accidents on Buendia, the fire at Yamamura and the lifting of coping beam accident on Balintawak but still the work continues.
The project is still not yet that complete though as there are still works to be done like finishing of light post installation, led rope light parapet wall installation, storm drain and piping installation, remaining unfinished off and on ramps, the Nagtahan rampway and Plaza Dilao - Quirino Avenue extension ramps, the C3 rd Sgt Rivera transition section and Taft Quirino Ramps to Skyway main line.
Some of my observations upon doing this documentation:
Thank you very much to San Miguel Corporation SMC Infrastructure SMC Tollways Special thanks to Patrick Ian Medin Jed Cruz Mike Ajero Maraming Salamat! #DSI #DMCI #EEI #Cadcor #Dumduma #CES #Readycon
- there are signages installed along section 1
- there are toll plazas installed on section 1 for the on and off ramps
- the steel structures for the toll plaza near zobel roxas has been removed
- lane markings are painted on section 1
- light post were also installed on section 1
- a toll plaza can be seen on Plaza Dilao portion of section 2A , this will serve as southbound on ramp toll plaza
- ongoing developments of the Nagtahan rampway project
- there will be an off ramp to nagtahan from north and southbound, there will also be an on ramp to northbound
- The future Pandacan interchange will be serve various toll road systems, Parex will soon be connected here.
- This is the complete San Juan River alignment
- Sevilla bridge serves as a bailey bridge for the ingress and egress of barge for the offshore works, now it is fully restored
- the old sta mesa - san juan bridge is also restored after off shore works
- there is an unfinished on ramp NB before Aurora blvd intersection
- there are lamp post installed on section 3 araneta avenue portion -
- there are unfinished on ramps and off ramps on this portion
- the lower level serves as off and on ramps to quezon avenue, there is a toll plaza
- the northbound on ramp in section 4 is almost complete
- the soutbound offramp is also complete - on section 4, the soutbound elevated portion has asphalt
- a toll plaza is also located on the lower level of section 4 and upper level
- this portion will be soon a busy interchance connecting C3 road , there is a northbound off ramp to A Bonifacio Avenue.
- the northbound offramp is still not complete, there is a provision for a soutbound on ramp on this portion
- there is a provision for the skyway stage 3 for future expansion, let us wait for the official announcement of the proponent #SMC
This is Dmitrivalencia, wanting to say It was a pleasure to make videos for my viewers and the public, the time to edit these and document this has taken a lot of my personal time but I enjoyed every minute of friendship you guys have given me and let me experience, Until we meet again, God bless you all!
The original plan was to connect affluent people from Makati business district to posh villages in Alabang. It should have been a no brainer if the project was for public convenience, it should extend past the Alabang viaduct.related sa history .. Sino po ba ang / mga nag proposed ng skyway nung 90's? and what is the first / orginal main objective of the proposal? To connect SLEX and NLEX or just connect Makati to alabang?
Add to that it should have reached quirino on the NB end at least. What a big help to alleviate the traffic build up of vehicles, going to Slex. I guess at least there is more foresight now.The original plan was to connect affluent people from Makati business district to posh villages in Alabang. It should have been a no brainer if the project was for public convenience, it should extend past the Alabang viaduct.
^^Nakita ko lang sa DPWH PPP Index, baka makatulong. Though baka may exact answer pa. Sabi sa website in relation to Skyway Stage 3:
“To complete Metro Manila Skyway System from Alabang to Balintawak as part of the approved agreement by the Philippine Government and the Business Joint Venture Agreement (BJVA) between Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada (CLP) and the Philippine National Construction Company (PNCC).”
Hinala ko is nasira or hindi nakapag cure properly, kasi nung time na yun ata tumama yung Typhoon Rolly.That's the million dollar question. I'm equally curious anong nangyari. Kasi at some point I saw a video of double overlay at San Juan River portion.
Target daw is December partial opening ng main line, kaso mukhang madami pang kelangan gawin (lights, drainage and asphalting works), baka kung umabot man, late this month na.Malapit na...magbukas ang Skyway Stage 3???
Baka before New Year na bubuksan yung buong Stage 3 sans on and off ramps along the way except NLEX-Balintawak near toll plaza(?).
Ano kaya nangyare sa asphalt ng section 2b at 5, parang tinanggal ata?
Verified 100% na hindi inalis yung asphalt overlay [as I've also originally thought]. Parang "grouting" yung ginawa nila.That's the million dollar question. I'm equally curious anong nangyari. Kasi at some point I saw a video of double overlay at San Juan River portion.
Bobby Tiglao has extensively written about this in his book "Colossal Deception: How Foreigners Control Our Telecoms Sector. A Case Study of Corruption, Cronyism and Regulatory Capture in the Philippines".Wow ang galing talaga magpaikot ng pera mga Indonesian sa Pinas nalulusutan nila ang anti-dummy law. 🤣Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (MPTC) has raised its stake in Citra Metro Manila Tollways Corp. (CMMTC) – the operator of the Skyway to almost three percent.www.philstar.com
Indonesia owns the Philippines not China.
Sana kahit partial opening soon, like Makati to Quezon Avenue or Amoranto would be a big benefit. Agad bawas vehicles sa Edsa (C4) and Quirino (C2). and lahat ng bridges in between Mabini bridge to Guadalupe bridge.Hinala ko is nasira or hindi nakapag cure properly, kasi nung time na yun ata tumama yung Typhoon Rolly.
Target daw is December partial opening ng main line, kaso mukhang madami pang kelangan gawin (lights, drainage and asphalting works), baka kung umabot man, late this month na.