Registered
N830MH
1,628 Posts

·
Registered
N830MH
1,628 Posts

Miami-Dade approves negotiations over Brightline commuter rail proposal

Brightline commuter plan panned by mayor and Tri-Rail, but advances into county talks

·
Registered
N830MH
1,628 Posts

Brightline might bypass five new rail platforms

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Tracks have been laid for the Brightline/Virgin Trains USA terminal at Orlando International Airport

Orlando International Airport has been getting major upgrades, resulting in a lot of raw dirt, construction vehicles and traffic cones, but under conditions eased by the pandemic’s reduction of travelers and traffic.
Virgin Trains has laid tracks at its airport station, the first such installation of rail along the passenger train’s 170-mile extension from West Palm Beach, and the region’s expressway authority has begun to overhaul the airport’s front entrance, a complex and congested meeting of state roads 436 and 528.
The rebuilt intersection will do away with an obsolete design, bringing a modern look, more lanes and seven new bridges, including four long, tall ones fittingly referred to – given the aviation neighborhood – as a “flyover.”
The Virgin project is installing 3.5 miles of railway through an obstacle course of shuttle trains, baggage carts, roads, taxiways, swamps and lakes, all adding up to an intricate task described as threading a needle for a 500-ton, higher-speed train.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Great Photo here PrageethSL,!! but also me being there taking Photos with an Cell Phone just a month ago, THIS is the South View of this Terminal from The South HERE, is where the trains are to go for the Train Wash and Maintenance Billion dollar hiding Trains inside Huge Under construction Maintenance Building to the Left of this Great Photo, to fit at least 10- 20 Completed Virgin/Brightline Trains for the overhaul Area to the South of the Virgin Trains, Terminal, and the South Terminal on the Left of this Great Photo is already Under construction to the West of The Shown Huge Completed Complex of this Great Photo, The Left side of this Great Photo is missing, all the Construction Cranes and South Terminal are on the Left side here, Thanks, Great Information, another close to 3 MORE Years of Construction Work is seen to the left of this great Photo, Trains should be operational by the end of 2023 , Maybe 2024 due to Latest Delays of the Virus .//.

·
Registered
N830MH
1,628 Posts

·
Registered
N830MH
1,628 Posts
It really worries me that Covid-19 might slowly kill brightline. The travel industry has not only been devastated by this but it will not bounce back quickly but slowly. I do hope Brightline can survive that.
Yes, they will survive. I really hope they will resume service again for next March 2021. I doubt that. Let see what happens.

2301 - 2320 of 2397 Posts