SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This IMAX will be located on the Northshore in Covington.

IMAX Theater coming to Covington multiplex

By Michael Kleinschrodt
Movie writer

Superman will be flying high over Covington this summer — and in 3-D.

The IMAX Corp. announced today that it has signed an agreement with O’Neil Theaters to open an IMAX theater in June in Covington, at O’Neil’s Holiday Square Cinema 12. (A spokesman for O’Neil Theaters could not be reached for comment by press time on today.)

An IMAX Corp. press release said the theater’s first film will be “Super´man Returns: An IMAX 3-D Experience,” which the company says is the world’s first live-action Hollywood feature to include segments converted from 2-D to IMAX 3-D.

“Superman Returns” opens June 30 nationwide.

In related news, when the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas reopens May 26, the facility’s Entergy IMAX Theatre also will reopen with a lineup of 3-D films that includes “Sharks” and “Wild
Safari.”

Spokeswoman Melissa Lee said the complete lineup still is being determined.

The theater will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Although usually closed on Mondays, the theater will open Memorial Day, May 29.

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpupda...ola_tpupdates/archives/2006_05_10.html#139814

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I enjoy the screens and the views. I go to the IMAX 3 or 4 times a year, usually with only one or two people. I've gone alone a few times, as well. They give a better site line of what you are viewing and I enjoy the surround sound that seems below you, as well as above you.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
There are two in metro Atlanta. I saw one 3D movie and it gave me a headache. I prefer to go to the IMAX at the natural history museum since the one at the mall tends to show mostly normal movies just blown up really large. It sounds like NO will have a similar situations... nature and science films at the one at the aquarium and Hollywood releases at the multiplex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts