Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
The developer's buildings in Markham and Thornhill aren't exactly awe inspiring, but I've seen worse. Will have to wait and see.

Looking through their website, they refer to their Centre Park Condo in Thornhill as "downtown style ... uptown location." For those interested in whether NYCC or Eglinton count as uptown, now you have your answer ... Uptown isn't even in the city.

·
Yip-Eyey-Kie-Ay
195 Posts
I've driven past the sales centre for this one.... It looks.. typical? its right next to Idomo, seems like an odd place for a condo?

it is on the subway yes, but its surrounded by low-rise warehouses, and highways..... it's not MY ideal location, but... i guess some people don't mind it?

do we have renderings?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with VikkyD, why would people want to live on the west side of Allen. It's not really a residential area and it is surrounded by warehouses and Idomo and the useless and undeveloped end of Downsview Park. I was always amazing at how they sold that location as by the park (some of the Torbel literature mentioned it). However, Downsview park is really at Keele and Sheppard and the portion near Allen road doesn't even have any trees to even remotely look like a park.

I guess only time will tell how well this project will sell. Maybe they'll will price it affordable and it will sell. Who knows.

·
planning inaction
2,032 Posts
It's good to see that my part of North York is really receiving some development-related interest; with the Wilson Ave. Avenue Study and all the recent renovations around Downsview Park, the area is certainily picking up again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts