Skyscraper City Forum banner
54881 - 54900 of 56158 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Seems there is a daily Double tram on the Airport line now, the past three days I've seen one passing, again today there is one operating the line
Apparently there have been reports of a particular trip being crowded since the frequency was reduced to 20 minutes hence a double has been rostered to cover the set that operates that trip.

·
Droylsden, Mcr Eastside
5,643 Posts
That’s actually clearer than the normal one, now that unnecessary duplication has been removed!!

They could also make the colours clearer by thickening the lines (but I guess there’s more pressing problems right now . . .)

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Careful with cardage out there . . .

2020-04men by John McCarthy, on Flickr

I always had my MegaRider card in a pocket on my phone case, with my contactless card in my wallet.
Keep them separate, or remove the card you are using from your wallet before touching in/out.
I always touch in or out with the actual card held in my hand. I may be being a little hard on the person writing to the MEN but surely carrying out a contactless transaction with your card still in your wallet/purse is asking for trouble. How could you expect the card reader to know which card is the one you want to use. Some folks may have a debit card and a couple of credit cards held together which would presumably risk making multiple transactions. It is a bit rich to accuse the banks of promoting fraud.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Careful with cardage out there . . .

2020-04men by John McCarthy, on Flickr

Do the regions NOT have any signage or warnings near transport readers about this - They are all over the London area and have been for years !

And yes if the double dip happens TFL will reimburse you !

Its not the banks fault

·
Nasty piece of work
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Do the regions NOT have any signage or warnings near transport readers about this - They are all over the London area and have been for years !

And yes if the double dip happens TFL will reimburse you !

Its not the banks fault
I haven't seen any such signage here in Manchester no. But there again I haven't seen it in any retail outlets either.

I agree totally with you that it isn't the fault of the banks. It isn't the fault of the transport undertakings either. Metrolink did have a problem with the so-called double dip where two payments were taken from a single card and like TfL they refunded erroneous payments. The problem described by the MEN letter writer is to my mind a totally different scenario to the double dip in that the card holder is actually offering his/her card to the reader along with the concession card by deliberately not separating the multiple cards when using the reader. Surely it is common sense to only offer one card, you wouldn't knowingly offer two bank notes when making a purchase needing only one.

·
Droylsden, Mcr Eastside
5,643 Posts
Yes I was tempted to add a sarcastic comment to my original post, then thought it might be an old lady who is struggling with technology, something like that (as I do sometimes). But it's a classic 'It Has to be Somebody Else's Fault', not theirs, so shoot the nearest messenger, and throw in a malicious allegation for good measure. But it's obviously not fraud in anyone's book.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This is very concerning

I don't really get this... he's telling the MEN that the system could be shut down, but nothing of the sort has been said at work. There's rumour of dropping it to every 30 minutes because there's just not the necessity for running every 20 mins on most lines. Maybe it's a roundabout way of him trying to get the few people still using the system to pay for their ticket until he secures some cash off the government?

·
Photographer
2,986 Posts
I don't really get this... he's telling the MEN that the system could be shut down, but nothing of the sort has been said at work. There's rumour of dropping it to every 30 minutes because there's just not the necessity for running every 20 mins on most lines. Maybe it's a roundabout way of him trying to get the few people still using the system to pay for their ticket until he secures some cash off the government?
Honestly it sounds like scaremongering and him trying to politicalise this current coronavirus crisis, the evening news ran a similar new article a few weeks back when lockdown first started about 'Metrolink could be closed down'.

54881 - 54900 of 56158 Posts