Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metropolis is a the last building to grace Toronto's Dundas Square, which as you can tell is all about advertisment. It is currently U/C and slated to open next year.

Here are some renders.

This building will top off the square (and street) which already has alot of advertising.

Now we don't need any Times Square comparisons because Yonge Street has always been like this, only now it is going to the next level.

·
天豆
9,950 Posts
Finally they will get rid of the hoarding. That will be a day to celebrate.

It's great to have a focal point like Yonge-Dundas Square. It is a place that gives you an opportunity to relax, sit down and enjoy the urban ambiance of Toronto.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LordMandeep said:
well young and dundas used to be like the red light district. Now its the most vibrant area.
What the hack do you know about the red light district?
I think it don't even come close compared to the red light district..
And maybe they put a lot of money in Dundas square(and area),i know for sure that there is not so much money to be made , like in the Red light district... :wink2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
That building looks awful, if there's ever a public lobby against it I will be in attendance.

·
Banned
292 Posts
the building may look cool, and will put Dundas Square in a new level of advertising intersections in the world, still the renders look kind of cheap, so we cant really judge the building,,,, still looks like a lot of jumbotrons and advertising paneles will cover most of the facade

·
Premium Member
79,203 Posts
decepticon said:
What the hack do you know about the red light district?
I think it don't even come close compared to the red light district..
And maybe they put a lot of money in Dundas square(and area),i know for sure that there is not so much money to be made , like in the Red light district... :wink2:
"Red Light District" can be used to refer to an area of high prostitution, and
does not literally have to mean a district like in Amsterdam. That area
is well known for prostitution and drug dealing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts