SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 9278 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
I kind of like the pink. It adds color to the otherwise very dull atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
great news! I'm also wondering what exactly the program will cover, but whatever they plan to do, it probably is something Metro Manila desperately needs. a huge facelift program should've been done years ago! haha! hopefully, after five years, Metro Manila will look cleaner than it is now and as good as other more progressive cities like Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok or Singapore.

they've got a pretty big budget, so hopefully only a minimal amount will go to corruption so we can see better quality and more nicely designed structures. haha

some of the things should do are: clear out all the sidewalks and then redo them so there is at least some standardized shape and size - same goes for the center islands; repave roads they're going to rehabilitate with asphalt; paint lane markings on all roads; plant trees; and relocate squatters elsewhere while also allowing them tol make a decent living. oh yeah... they should also rid the entire Metro Manila of the sidewalk stall parking. the one where cars park right in front of the establishment on sidewalks that they turn into parking lots. sino kaya nagimbento nun? I don't think any other city in the world does it like that. hahaha!

·
Here Since 2002
7,261 Posts
it was in the last paragraph.. i dont konw if yall want more detail

"Street Nomads Care, a P247 million program that seeks to remove beggars, vagrants, and the homeless from the streets and taking them to facilities providing decent meals and bed-and-bath.

Sidewalk Dwellers Inventory and Relocation, a P400 million project moving 11,000 informal settlers to resettlement sites.

Waterways Dwellers Relocation project relocating 70,000 families living dangerously on waterways to safe areas.

Pook Na Bulok Program to upgrade blighted areas of Metro Manila.

Other projects include: Workers' Inns, Bike and Walk Ways Project, the Organized Bus Route Program, the Seven Major Roads Rehabilitation Program, C5-Kalayaan Elevated U-turn Slot Project, Flood Mitigation, and Public Safety and Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation Program."

·
Banned
326 Posts
With regards to the Organized Bus Route Program, I hope they build One Huge Central Location Bus Station for buses going within and outside MM like the NYC Port Authority. The last time I heard, all bus stations in MM are unorganized and staggered that they only worsten the traffic. The Central Location Bus Station must also be implemented in all provincial cities.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
^^ I agree. The different bus companies have their stations all across EDSA, it would be better if they were in one central facility.

·
resident web developer
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i think if we just give BF some time and support he can make this grand plan to make metro manila very very competitive.. everything starts from the little things right? but one man cant do it alone.. we all have to pitch in and help instill discipline within ourselves.. this is the most important component for any project to succeed..

·
Registered
841 Posts
stephencua said:
i think if we just give BF some time and support he can make this grand plan to make metro manila very very competitive.. everything starts from the little things right? but one man cant do it alone.. we all have to pitch in and help instill discipline within ourselves.. this is the most important component for any project to succeed..
and one woman cannot do it alone, let alone millions of detractors wanting her to fail, so let's also support GMA. She had the good sense to put Bayani in this position.

·
Registered
841 Posts
right now there are some characters petitioning for the abolishment of MMDA. Bayani must be stepping on their turf. this must not happen

·
Banned
326 Posts
I'm so glad that Atienza and Bayani have patched up their diifference and move on to focus on the betterment of Manila.

·
Registered
378 Posts
^^ sandrin how did that happen?

nwaiz, i think one thing mmda should consider more than nythin else is decongesting MM, if promdis keep on coming here to look4 jobs & live here then that ends up again to the same problems that we want to avoid: informal settlers, jobless end up illegal vendors blocking the sidewalks, beggars, nuts etc. once countryside devt is started, then verythin else follows.

and btw, im never a fan of bf's fancy pink street signs & other cheap urban furnitures, we need something permanent!!! thats why i wana push for implementing massive infrastructure projects, kahit paisa-isa lang every year will make a difference. people will never be impressed w/ temporary signs, structures that wont last for long, its just big waste of funds, & it will never make MM a world class city.

·
Mucho Mandingo Papi
6,708 Posts
Sixth Asia Pacific Mining Conference and Exhibition

Organized by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Federation of Mining Associations, with the support of the Chamber of Mines of the Philippines (CMP), the Sixth Asia Pacific Mining Conference and Exhibition promises to be more expansive than earlier conferences in Manila.

Representatives of potential investors from Europe, Australia, the United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, and India, as well as representatives from markets seeking minerals supply led by China are attending the mining conference.

Officials of relevant government department of the ASEAN countries will talk about their policies vis-à-vis mining and showcase the opportunities in the sector. The conference will seek to formulate a cooperation plan for the development of regional policies on mineral resource utilization and intra-ASEAN trade, enhancement of private sector investments in the region, and research and development. The officials will also discuss technology transfer, safety, and environmental issues in mining projects.

President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo will deliver the keynote address.

We congratulate the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Federation of Mining Associations headed by its President Benjamin Philip G. Romualdez and wish the delegates to the Sixth Asia Pacific Mining Conference and Exhibition success in all their endeavors.

21 - 40 of 9278 Posts