SkyscraperCity banner

9261 - 9278 of 9278 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Napanuod niyo ba ung post ni Paquiao. Magkakaron na daw ng temporary BRT line sa EDSA. MRT station ang mgaiging stops nito.
matagal ko na rin to naisip pero BRT nasa innermost lane ng EDSA beside mrt tracks tapos may stairs going down from the MRT platform.

yung turnstiles kahit mag train ka or BRT same price pa din. same entry/exit points

·
Registered
886 Posts
matagal ko na rin to naisip pero BRT nasa innermost lane ng EDSA beside mrt tracks tapos may stairs going down from the MRT platform.

yung turnstiles kahit mag train ka or BRT same price pa din. same entry/exit points
CMIIW, but yan yata ung bus augmentation project, proposed by Rep Joey Salceda.

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
This is MMDA, everyone blaming commuters because they failed. Gusto ko talagang masipa itong si GM Garcia at si Chairman Lim sa sobrang ka*obohan nila, isama na si Pialago. 😡 Pwede pa kahit papano si Nebrija kahit nagpapabango yata sa 2022.

MMDA General Manager Jose Arturo Garcia said the people “seemed to have lost focus” that the new coronavirus that causes the severe respiratory disease COVID-19 was still around and could spread wider with the easing of restrictions on public transportation.

“They were focused on traveling even though they [knew], just as the Department of Transportation said, our first priority is health and safety,” Garcia said in a radio interview.

He cited the crowding of hordes of commuters along Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City on Monday, with no one giving others a wide berth as they waited for rides that never came.

·
6,785 Posts
^^ Do they realy expect commuters at Commonwealth to comply? They seem to forget its located in WILD WILD WEST QC and there is NO HOPE for organization in that area unless all those people are funneled in MRT7 when its built!

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
^^ Do they realy expect commuters at Commonwealth to comply? They seem to forget its located in WILD WILD WEST QC and there is NO HOPE for organization in that area unless all those people are funneled in MRT7 when its built!
So MMDA is correct? They don't follow social distancing on designated and undesignated bus stops because there's no infra provided by the National and Local Government. They don't have a choice thus break the safety protocols just for them to survive.

·
6,785 Posts
Yes they are correct. But it has nothing to do with social distancing and what not. At the end of the day, Commonwealth will ALWAYS be like this until we have a way to tame the WILD WILD WEST, even if its just for that particular part, via the MRT7.

Remember, MMDA has been trying to discipline those Commonwealth commuters since Digong made that speech about road clearing. This was way way before the pandemic and Commonwealth has always been MMDA's second favourite whipping boy in Gadget Addict videos (followed only by the Scout area). No matter how much effort and publicity, hindi talaga madisiplina ang mga tao doon.

Pandemic or not, Commonwealth will always be like that until MRT7. It is ingrained to the culture of the Commonwealth commuter. It is how they live because that is how they adapt to the dog eat dog world they live in that part of the metropolis. It is a subculture that can only be fixed by removing the third world public transport that is the boundary based bus and jeepney, and replace it with world class organized rail infrastructure.

Until MRT7 happens, don't expect ANY CHANGES as long as people are allowed to commute in Commonwealth.

Reactions: Sky_Higher

·
Registered
884 Posts
Anyone know proposals to create a Metro Manila government aside from Lito Atienza's house bill 4758 that was sidelined in the last Congress?
IMO, a lot of Metro Manila's problems can be resolved if such a government body exists.

MMDA just sucks as an agency, regardless of whoever is sitting in Malacañang.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
will that bill eliminate those little kingdoms of those trapo mayors and their extended families and clans? ---if yes, then hindi talaga yan magpo prosper :p:devilish:

·
Registered
884 Posts
will that bill eliminate those little kingdoms of those trapo mayors and their extended families and clans? ---if yes, then hindi talaga yan magpo prosper :p:devilish:
Not really. It just adds more teeth to the existing scopes and functions of the MMDA via an elected governor.

Seriously though, I hope Digong can have the constitution amended and a law passed to allow for such a government body to exist.
All the great metropolises and megalopolises have a central governing body.

Seoul has a single mayor. Tokyo has a governor aside from city mayors.

Metro manila needs a governor!

·
6,785 Posts
^^ We really need to amend or repeal the Local Government Code of 1991 in order to have some sanity and make those things happen. That is ultimately the reason why we have a feudal system here IN DA PILIPINs.

Reactions: metrosuburban

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am just wondering, since Metro Manila has a messy, unmodern transport system, Why is no one proposing or pushing for a more modern and integrated one? In my opinion ALL public transport vehicles should be owned and managed by the government, maintained also by them. Why isn't the public transportation in MM an agency? like Metro Manila Transit for example that operates the whole public transportation scene in MM. Wouldn't it be better and more organized if it was that way? instead of the vehicles being purchased and owned by the operator itself. That way the "boundary system" as we know it will be abolished since they will be paid a standardized salary. Wouldn't it be great to have clean and modern vehicles (City Buses, Modern Jeepneys). Also routes that are organized and carefully planned each stop. Routes that are integrated and compliments each other to give commuters a comfortable and hassle-free ride everyday? Because literally commuting in MM is helluva struggle. I have been to a lot of cities abroad, and as a person highly interested in urban planning and transportation, I'm always fascinated by their transport system such as in Singaore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and I always wonder why can't we have it too. Hays I can just wish -_-

·
Registered
886 Posts
^^I'm gonna let you in on a few secrets

There are people in LTFRB who secretly own/protect the interests of bus companies, and other entities who profit from the current system.

There are also a lot of government officials, policemen, and militarymen who have their own fleets of public vehicles.

Of course, these allegations are hard to prove, but I've been alive long enough to know they exist. Still take it with a block of salt.

·
Registered
4 Posts

There are people in LTFRB who secretly own/protect the interests of bus companies, and other entities who profit from the current system.

There are also a lot of government officials, policemen, and militarymen who have their own fleets of public vehicles.

Of course, these allegations are hard to prove, but I've been alive long enough to know they exist. Still take it with a block of salt.
sigh
As expected, it all boils down to money/profit. Pulitiko nga naman, profit ang parating iniisip, Pati ba naman sa transpo. It's PUBLIC transport for god's sake. It's not meant to be profitable and the costs should be subsidized by the government.
Anyways that's sad to hear. I guess wala talagang pag-asa ang pinas lol.

·
6,785 Posts
^^ The only way to win is beat them in their own game. Hence kailangan talaga matapos ang mga rail projects, especially the subway, MRT3 rehab, MRT7, LRT2 extensions, etc. Just look what happened when public transport started opening up, people still took the trains than the buses if its on the same route. I'm sure its going to be the same with this "BRT" that they just put up on a whim (the doors of the buses cannot even easily access the bus stops!). Yun sobrang critical ay yun subway at LRT2 West Extension dahil dami talagang macocover ng mga yun that right now can only be serviced by buses, jeepneys and UV Express.

·
Welcome to the Planet
3,075 Posts
well we had a spoiled haciendero president before who thinks traffic is a sign of progress, attended a car plant opening instead of welcoming dead pawns on his game, plays car video games, involved in different car showbiz non-issues, connected to businesses with car dealerships/real estate development which will benefit a lot on traffic, and only worked on car centric infra and neglected rail mass transport projects. daming red flags ano? highest elected official pa lang clueless na, yung mga sakim pa kaya na nagtatago sa mga legit government positions pa kaya?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s good to see that several railway projects are being planned/constructed in Metro Manila now (Manila Subway, NSCR, MRT 7, LRT 2 Extension). About time for them to realize that constructing more elevated highways will even alleviate the traffic situation in MM greatly. Not saying that the under construction highways are useless or unnecessary because MM badly needs that since road network infastracute in MM isnt exactly that good. Hence, the traffic. But I really do hope they realize when to stop constructing these because for a long-term solution for the traffic situation are rail networks throughout the metro. We should shun the car-centric approach in cities because it’s proven to cause a lot of problems. With the increasing of private car ownership in MM, it would be nice if they come up with a solution to actually decrease it? Maybe higher taxes for car payments? I visited Osaka, Japan last year and I liked how few cars were on the road all the time. People just commute no matter how far because of their mass transit system. I was able to walk for 10km there as a single trip. That’s a lot for since I would never do that in MM lol.

·
Registered
884 Posts

Add ko lang sa "other entities":

Gas companies
Car dealers

Bad public transportation pushes people to buy cars, thinking if they're gonna get stuck in traffic anyway, might as well be comfortable sitting in your own vehicle.
Most likely may mga padulas yang mga yan (car dealers at gas companies) sa ilang transport officials.

Another thing, yung car-centric culture ng mga Pilipino, from the lower class, middle class, upper class and government officials—yung mga mismong taong may responsibilidad na ayusin ang public transit e sila mismo naka-kotse at hindi gumagamit ng public transit.

·
Registered
732 Posts
For national figures, according to Monsod, around 70 pct of Filipinos are in the informal sector.

According to the BSP, around 70 pct of Filipino adults have no bank accounts mainly because they lack savings.

I think there are more than 12 million registered vehicles for a country of more than 100 million, so that's one vehicle for every 8 people or so. "Vehicles" here probably refers to anything with license plates, which includes cargo trucks, tricycles, etc.

Finally, for road quality, around 70 pct of national roads are paved and 20 pct of local roads.

9261 - 9278 of 9278 Posts