SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Reforma 509​

The current situation of this tower is that the current building which occupies the lot is being demolished. There's no official ground break for new tower as of now. The renders shown in this thread are those believed to be the final ones. Cheers.

Floors: 59.
Uses/per floor:
1 Commercial
11 parking (+ 10 subterranean parking)
25 Offices
18 Residential (hotel > sky-lounge)
Footage (in meters): 1,939.68 m2

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^
There's not really a law that specifically calls for that section of Reforma to be developed with such towers, however, it is the most prestigious place to build them. There's a law that prohibits such skyscrapers just literally across the street from Mario Escobedo (the street which corners Reforma just before Chapultepec). I'd assume that since those lots have a view of Chapultepec Castle and park, they'd be the most expensive and attractive places for the development; perhaps that being an excuse to build bigger and take advantage of such exclusive location. On the other hand, there're projects of great proportions down the road towards downtown, the problem with those is that they haven't been either successful or capable enough. Such project include Torre Santander which was perhaps the most ambitous of all, even including these ones. Others are Torre Cine latino which is quietly under development but currently under construction.

I'm not sure if this really is the case, but another reason could be due to geography. we have to remember that even in such small area, the city's subsoil can vary greatly, therefor having a direct impact on what is built. If i'm correct, there's also a subway line running just below Reforma, this means loads of structures have to be balanced in order to not affect the protecting walls in the case of an earthquake. So basically, similar buildings have to be erected in order to compensate for the other. One clear case of this could be Torre Bancomer in front of Torre Mayor and so on...

Picture found by Martin H Unzon shows the current building on site in process of being demolished.

·
1,435 Posts
I'd like to see more 200m+ towers on the other side of the street... Torre BBVA is u/c right now but all the other projects are on the west side of reforma... it' be good if it could be more balanced

cheerzzz

·
Registered
915 Posts
I prefer the old design better, they took the trees off the sides :( one of the things that captivated my interest for this tower :(
Though the entrance looks better on the new one :)

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to see more 200m+ towers on the other side of the street... Torre BBVA is u/c right now but all the other projects are on the west side of reforma... it' be good if it could be more balanced

cheerzzz
hopefully Punta Reforma, Reforma 432, Torre Cine Latino, and perhaps with a little help from Refroma 380 all on that side will do what you're talking about. None of them should have a problem being build in the next year or so. :)

1 - 20 of 221 Posts