http://www.esmas.com/estadioazteca/englishv/357181.html

So:
1st tier: 23,598
Suites: 13,843 (865 suites)
2nd tier: 59,618

TOTAL: 97,059??!!?!?
The database is wrong

This stadium had some changes:

On the second tier there are new sky boxes instead of 3 rows of bleachers (therefore, ) less capacity

On the first tier was built a restaurant

Estadio Azteca has no place of standing people. The problem is: many people arrive late and doesn't wanna sit on last rows, so, they sit on the steps.

104,000 was the capacity before the changes i mentioned. I guess real capacity is around 100,000

·
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM
1,201 Posts
The database is wrong

This stadium had some changes:

On the second tier there are new sky boxes instead of 3 rows of bleachers (therefore, ) less capacity

On the first tier was built a restaurant

Estadio Azteca has no place of standing people. The problem is: many people arrive late and doesn't wanna sit on last rows, so, they sit on the steps.

104,000 was the capacity before the changes i mentioned. I guess real capacity is around 100,000
Are you sure about this?
Do you have the official info?? i read in the official webpage that the official capacity is still 104,000...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you sure about this?
Do you have the official info?? i read in the official webpage that the official capacity is still 104,000...
the website has many mistakes

the 23,453 capacity of 'especial bajo' section is the data before the new restaurant. Therefore, capacity at present is less. And so on

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been to this stadium for numerous events, and I must say, what an incredible experience every one was. It's so massive when you're inside. The entire lower bowl is below ground level and the stadium STILL towers above all it's surroundings from the outside.

·
Proximamente CASAHUS.COM
1,201 Posts
There are negotiations for Mexico to get the Copa America 2013.. if this is true the azteca stadium will hopefully get remodeled.. not as huge as we want to but of course it will have something..

·
Banned
2,687 Posts

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered Abuser
5,129 Posts
I'd say it could use a renovation. Remove that ugly fence around the pitch and install some proper seating in the top tier.

·
عظمت از &#1591
Ubi spiritus libertas
518 Posts
A few of mine, but before that...........the logo of the best team in the world !!!!!!!!!!!!. No matter what you say. XD

·
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA
1,951 Posts
^^^^^^
I'll bet that was the last time azteca got 90% attendence for an FC America game, in 2005. It's sad that a great stadium has so pityfull residents..

·
Registered
72 Posts
yeah and even more shameful is the fact that this is the most important stadium in Mexico and the owner televisa instead of remodeling the stadium for the u-17 world cup, they're using their power to avoid fifa's rules like they've done before.
According to the fifa rules every stadium in a world cup, even if it's u-17, needs to have seats in all of the stadium.

It amazes me how each of the stadiums participating which some are much smaller and of less wealthy owners, are doing it but Azteca isn't even getting new paint or at least some improvement whatsoever :eek:hno:

101 - 120 of 283 Posts