SkyscraperCity banner

581 - 600 of 4288 Posts

·
Premium Lounge Moderator
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
:applause: a beautiful set!
Thank you very much Leongname. :)

Desierto de los Leones (Desert of the Lions) National Park is located entirely within the limits of the Federal District,
it stretches between Cuajimalpa and Álvaro Obregón boroughs.
It was declared a national park on 27 November 1917.
The park's altitude varies between 2,600 and 3,700 meters above sea level, giving the area a relatively cold climate.

Mexico City - Desierto de los Leones (Desert of the Lions) National Park
by francerobert2001, en Flickr

The Carmelite monastery (completed in 1611) in the center of the park.

Mexico City - Desierto de los Leones (Desert of the Lions) National Park - Carmelite Monastery built in 1606

Mexico City - Desierto de los Leones (Desert of the Lions) National Park - Carmelite Monastery built in 1606

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank You gratteciel, I remember my dad bringing me here 5 years ago to this National Park. We stayed at a Hotel in the Sante Fe District during our visit
and at the age of 13 I was so amazed by all the High Rises surrounding us. Brings back so many memories! Can't wait to return soon and see a completely
different City. I'll make a trip soon (and maybe drive to Acapulco too!:lol:) and experience Mexico City's skyscraper boom thanks to the incentives provided
by the Government. Mexico City is truly turning into a World-Class City. :)

Reactions: Gratteciel

·
Human Being
41,109 Posts
Liverpool World Museum is hosting a fantastic exhibition about the Mayan civilisation at present. I've just returned from seeing it, and it was fabulous. It was put together by The 'Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia' as part of the '2015 Year of Mexico in The United Kingdom'. Combined wit your photos of Mexico City it really provides lots of inspiration and the impetus to visit Mexico for myself. I'll post some images of the exhibition on my thread later today.

·
Premium Lounge Moderator
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #585 (Edited)
Thank You gratteciel, I remember my dad bringing me here 5 years ago to this National Park. We stayed at a Hotel in the Sante Fe District during our visit
and at the age of 13 I was so amazed by all the High Rises surrounding us. Brings back so many memories! Can't wait to return soon and see a completely
different City. I'll make a trip soon (and maybe drive to Acapulco too!:lol:) and experience Mexico City's skyscraper boom thanks to the incentives provided
by the Government. Mexico City is truly turning into a World-Class City. :)
Thank you very much for your kind words Kevnasty . I am glad that these pictures have brought good memories of your stay in Mexico City.

Liverpool World Museum is hosting a fantastic exhibition about the Mayan civilisation at present. I've just returned from seeing it, and it was fabulous. It was put together by The 'Instituto Nacional de Antropologia e Historia' as part of the '2015 Year of Mexico in The United Kingdom'. Combined wit your photos of Mexico City it really provides lots of inspiration and the impetus to visit Mexico for myself. I'll post some images of the exhibition on my thread later today.
Hi Jane . I saw the pictures of the Mayan exhibition in your thread ; It looks pretty good.
Moreover, I am happy you think of coming to Mexico City. I hope this trip will become reality soon.

Amazing and very nice as well :cheers:
Thank you very much for your kind words Christos and for your continued interest in Mexico City.

Mexico City - Garden Santa Fe

Mexico City - Chapultepec

Mexico City - Santa Fe

Mexico City - Paseo de la Reforma

Mexico City - Palmas Avenue

Mexico City - Chapultepec

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You really inspired me into visit this wonderful city soon, hopefully I can do by my own traveling by car, but the "hoy no circula" scares me abit to bring my own car with foreing plates. I have great memories from mexico city back in the 90's, back then i was a kid and visiting this city was inspiring and misterious for me, never got back, closest ive got its arco norte. The Desierto de los Leones its a must go in my list, I'm hoping soon to go there. Thank you for your photos.

·
Premium Lounge Moderator
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
You really inspired me into visit this wonderful city soon, hopefully I can do by my own traveling by car, but the "hoy no circula" scares me abit to bring my own car with foreing plates. I have great memories from mexico city back in the 90's, back then i was a kid and visiting this city was inspiring and misterious for me, never got back, closest ive got its arco norte. The Desierto de los Leones its a must go in my list, I'm hoping soon to go there. Thank you for your photos.
Thanks a lot for your nice words and welcome to this thread Jbte. :)

A very nice update.
Thank you so much diddyD. I really appreciate your comments.

lovely photo update....that area of green park with all those old structures is quite interesting.
Thanks for your kind comment Dwest it is very nice of you.

Mexico City - Santa Fe

Mexico City - Historic Centre -

Mexico City - Botanical Garden

·
Premium Lounge Moderator
8,990 Posts

·
Administrator
30,012 Posts
Mexico City is a beast of a city, just wonderful. In 2010 I had a 6 hour layover there and I ventured out. It left me hungry for more and it became one of my favorite cities in the world. I really want to go back.

Keep 'em coming! :eek:kay:

·
Elektro Sixteen...
11,568 Posts
:eek:mg:
All the pictures on this page are extremely fascinating!!! I really enjoyed the Desierto de los Leones National Park pictures... Mexico City has it all... well... except a beach... :D

581 - 600 of 4288 Posts