SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Herzarsen
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Prague International Airport - Ruzyne won prestigious award at the World Airport Awards 2005 ceremony in section Best Airport of Central and Eastern Europe. Second place goes to Domodedovo Airport in Moscow, Russia and third to Warsaw, Poland.

By the way, almost 9.7 million travelers went through Ruzyne Airport for the whole 2004 and it is the one of the fastest growing airports in whole Europe. It had 18% more travelers come through it during the first quarter of 2005. It is undergoing expansion as well, to be completed at the end of 2005. Then it will be able to accomodate up to 15 million travelers. :)

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
3tmk said:

that's what, one more terminal?
Almost double the space?
Very nice expansion, though I've never been in that hub.

actually it is all one large terminal it will eventually have 32 gates (air-bridges) and be able to handle 20 million passengers, 2nd terminal is planed sometimes in 2015 with similar capacity about 1.5 km north of present terminal.

Current expansion is called North terminal, Prague airport is largest Airport in Central Europe and is excepted to handle about 10.5 million passengers this year (a minimum).

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Prague Ruzyne airport new terminal

The New Terminal Sever 2 (North 2) At Prague Ruzyne International Airport will be opened for passengers on the 17th January 2006, total investment in the terminal was 300 million Euro. In 2005 the Airport handled 10,8 millions passangers.

This photo was taken in 2004

These photos were taken in July 2005 (finger C is the farest from us)

This part is opened since summer 2005

Inside the new finger C (opened since summer 2005)

This picture was taken in 04/1995, only terminal from 1968 has survived .

June 2004

OK, this is may first post here, if you have any remarks, pls tell me :)

·
it's always the same
714 Posts
Welcome to SSC Kokpit.Prague has very nice and modern airport.

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Thank you for your replies.

Singidunum: I'm not sure but probably you mean Vodochody airport. I don't know very much about it, I heard that some low-costs try to fly there, especialy Ryanair which now flies only to Brno and skip Prague (too expensive fees for them). IMO it's quite far from the city, but it's near D8 highway.

Vodochody (LKVO) is northern from Prague.

I've found some article about it in The Prague Post

·
Banned
2,980 Posts

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Well, we have more towers here, if you mean that on Oldtown square, I don't know anything about it's reconstruction. I've only heard they were repairing the clock (Orloj) some time ago.

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
great pics kokpit, :eek:kay:

·
Banned
2,980 Posts
Singidunum said:
I meant City Tower 110m one ;)

the design was changed though. It was supposed to look like this
sorry, I forgot I'm on skyscrapercity.com :yes:

I'll try to find some informations about it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
In November 2004 I changed flights in Prague. I was very impressed by the airport and construction was going on while I was there. Between flights, I grabbed a newspaper (I believe it was something like Prague Post or Times) and read an article about the new terminal. It said that by 2007 the airport will handle around 17 million passangers per year.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts