Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mhasibu sacco set to put up Sh500m complex in Nairobi

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/...irobi/-/539552/2334020/-/6y503jz/-/index.html

Sacco-owned Mhasibu Properties is putting up a multi-storey commercial building in the Kilimani area of Nairobi in a project estimated to cost as much as Sh500 million.

The commercial complex dubbed Mhasibu Towers is owned by the development arm of Mhasibu Sacco, a society whose core patrons are accountants.

The building to be located along Kirichwa Road will consist of two wings, a 12-storey and nine-storey tower. It is scheduled for completion in 2016.

The exact cost of the project that further cements the return of saccos to commercial office business is not known but its promoters estimate it at between Sh450 and Sh500 million.

“We are now in the process of tendering for contractors. Construction should begin within the next four to five months. The project should take two years,” Mhasibu Properties chairman Oliver Adera told the Business Daily.

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These articles never mention the architects i'd like to find renders of the building so we can see them in their full entirety.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Kilimani is really growing,i was there on Friday an i was impressed by the Apartments,they look so high and very modern,si kama zile za umoja na pipeline, and,there are currently more than 9 cranes standing,i'll try to look at them But six of the nine are apartments being built by China Wu Yi..so Kilimani will be our Fourth CBD..but the Game changer will be the Fountain Garden aparments..:cheers:

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kilimani is really growing,i was there on Friday an i was impressed by the Apartments,they look so high and very modern,si kama zile za umoja na pipeline, and,there are currently more than 9 cranes standing,i'll try to look at them But six of the nine are apartments being built by China Wu Yi..so Kilimani will be our Fourth CBD..but the Game changer will be the Fountain Garden aparments..:cheers:
Bro i'm saying it now future Nairobi is going to look like Seoul or Tokyo...

Did you ever purchase that Camera Brian?

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pardon,i don't understand your post,but if you are asking if i found a place to buy the camera..Yes i did
I was asking if you found a place where they sell the camera at a right price...

that's great if you found one, also be careful of thieves lol

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Nikon D7000..i think that is great to me
Just curious how much does such cost in Nairobi. Just wanted to compare the price with North America although I know they sometimes have differences depending on the market. But generally what is the price (body only)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
i saw it cost 135,000 pretty expensive Huh..
Thought it would be something crazy like that. I believe you can get them in NA starting around $700 or $750. About ksh 65,000 or 80,000 in that hood. Should have grabbed one before you left NY Brian. But we need pictures so suck it up :lol: and I think we just officially hijacked this thread :)

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I wasn't thinking of buying a camera while i was there,but it has happend,am already back so i'll just have to face the Kenya price tags :lol:

·
Registered
14,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any recent updates on this...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts