Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
82-Story 2nd & 2nd Tower Proposed With Hotel & Residential

Convention Center Hotel Corp. of Yonkers, NY has submitted plans to build an 82-story mixed-use project called 2nd & 2nd in downtown Miami.
The 898-foot tower will replace an existing Courtyard by Marriott hotel across from the soon-to-be-redevloped Hyatt and Whole Foods Market. There is also an abutting Metromover station.
The proposal includes:

• 266 hotel rooms
  • 637 residential units
  • 9,245 square feet of retail
  • 553 parking spaces
In total, more than 1.5 million square feet are proposed.
Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe is the architect. The developer is a subsidiary of AVR Realty.
The proposal will be presented to the Urban Development Review Board at a meeting on April 18.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Let’s hope this is real and not a ploy to flip.

·
Miami at Night Book
2,310 Posts

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Have we ever had a buyer adopt plans and actually build them? I'm getting desensitized to these massive or extravagant proposals. They seem to be land flips most of the times. One Thousand Museum and Paramount are the only ones I can think of getting built recently. Not convinced Aston Martin is actually going vertical yet. One River is another.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Have we ever had a buyer adopt plans and actually build them? I'm getting desensitized to these massive or extravagant proposals. They seem to be land flips most of the times. One Thousand Museum and Paramount are the only ones I can think of getting built recently. Not convinced Aston Martin is actually going vertical yet. One River is another.
Yeah, unfortunately I think you nailed it on the head here. Most of these "proposals" never actually materialize so I tend not to get too excited until shovels actually hit dirt.

With some of the condo proposals I don't even really care if they get built or not because most don't excite me at all with their design, to be honest.

But some of the others (especially tall office proposals) are another matter. Sure would like to see one or two of those added. :cheers:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think you're very right. Actually as I typed that post I considered if it had ever happened. The only one that even came up as a possibility was Flatiron but I could't remember if it switched hands or just came to be years later.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
^^ Your 100% Right and Correct again:master: Marcvader:),
at over 800 Feet from Ground Level, and next to the famous over 2,000 Year old Miami River, This Tower, on thwe Water, at it's highest, has a Year founfdation at over 150 Feet Deep from Ground Level :hilarious:
Don't worry, by, 2022 this Baby will be Completed, I mean Aston Kurcher, :lol: Aston Martin, :cheers1:
and again, this 2 and 2 = 4 Nothing is to happen here, :no:, I:nuts: see this Courtyard by Marriott still here in 2022, This Tower sounds like a MET 3 , hahaha

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
^^ A Good POINT for You URBAN BEAUTY:), Looks like MET 3 in a way, Tall Skinny ,sideways from the OLD MET 3 :bash: , never built, over 12 years ago, over 800 Feet from Ground Level, Both Towers Look alike , is there another Met Developer here, , :nuts: here, and Looks Like another MDM " Met" Developers :eek:hno: and Yonkers" used to be a run down area back in the 80's , LOL, work Together in New York City, :dunno:
I Love the Curves in This GIRL :hilarious:
I think I like this one better than MET 3.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Miami Approves 82-Story 2nd & 2nd Tower After 16 Months Of Review

An 82-story tower known as 2nd & 2nd was granted approval last week when Miami’s Office of Zoning granted waivers needed from the Miami 21 zoning code.
A notice issued on the city’s website confirmed the approval was issued November 26. Plans for the tower were first submitted in July 2017, making it 16 months of review.
If construction were to begin today, it would become the tallest building in Miami at its proposed 898-foot height. Brickell’s Panorama Tower is now the tallest at 868 feet, although several buildings are proposed above the 1,000-foot mark including Skyrise, where excavation is underway.
A Courtyard by Marriott hotel would need to be demolished to make way for the new 2nd & 2nd tower.
As reviewed by the UDRB earlier this year, the development would encompass more than 1.5 million square feet, including:

• 266 hotel rooms
  • 637 residential units
  • 9,245 square feet of retail
  • 553 parking spaces
Convention Center Hotel Corp. of Yonkers, NY submitted the plans. The developer is a subsidiary of AVR Realty.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Now let's see if it gets built or the owners flip the property...:cheers:

Reactions: Aceventura
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.