SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
A new 1,041 ft. tower has been proposed for a site once slated for the massive Empire World Towers development.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empire World Towers:

http://kobikarp.com/projects/empire-world-towers/

Think the FAA would mind... :)

·
Banned
655 Posts
They're not going to be built that way, the FAA won't allow it. But right now they are trying to make an agreement with the developer that would allow it to be approved if the height was reduced to around 1,000 feet or less. Also, keep in mind that the buildings would look much more "in place" if that picture were more updated. That's an older picture like I mentioned before and it would be surrounded with a lot of other buildings if it was right now, and even more to come in the future with 600 Freedom Tower and Paramount Park filling in some of those empty spaces in the skyline that you see there.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already been discussed. Dont think you wanna bring this up again.
Uh-oh did it cause a fight before? Or did it cause lots of people from LA to come over here and start trashing on Miami? I didn't mean to bring up something that was already discussed. I'm kinda new to this forum still. I came in with the wave that saw the James Good article in the Herald a while back (if there was a wave).

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Not really much of a wave. But there are a few new people. Basically two people got in an argument over whether or not it would be built. The one guys said to give it a chance, and the other guy was being totally negative and saying it would never be built because of the FAA. I believe there was some name calling in fact, as long as we can keep it clean here its an okay topic to have.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
THAT is a vast improvement. It seems to resemble Premiere Towers now, and a little like CitiCentre. I hope those connectors will be oblong as they look here and not just cylindrical tubes, they look more futuristic in this rendering.

IS THIS REALLY POSSIBLE AFTER 8 YEARS OF WAITING FOR MET3....THAT CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT UP??:eek:hno:

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
seriously, though, P/A/U/C is for the birds. U/C is the only thing that interests me midway thru 2007. sure, discussing proposed and approved projects was cool back in 2005, but with today's economy, there's just no way this thing's going to go-- not now. like the man said, not even Met 3 has gone forward yet. nice rendering, though.

what is the latest update on this? what's the FAA stance? is he applying for a height variance? is there a sales center open? will he get financing? these are the questions...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hope Springs Eternal!

After the disapointments I suffered in Edgewater and Midtown however I have to protect myself. So that is why I temper my excitement with cautious optimism.

I do believe that a lot of OUR favorites will come to pass....... over the next 15-20 years, not the next five. I wonder how long the World Trade Center was worked on from the seed of an idea to it's completion? Probably about the same length as its lifespan.

The thing that is hard for me to imagine is, How long has The Floridian been there? I think less than ten years, which seems to me like FOREVER, and it has had 2 incarnations (the second far superior to the first). 15 years is a long f???ing gestation. I want the life I want, the city I want now>? Oh well....

All that being said, someone is still paying the Karp man to continue working on this, so I believe that makes it not dead.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts