SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REVEALED: 49-STORY TOWER PLANNED AT 400 BISCAYNE

PMG and Greybrook have submitted plans to build a 49-story tower at 400 Biscayne Boulevard, across from Bayside Marketplace.

The new proposal is one block away from the recently completed X Miami tower, which was said to already be nearly full, just months after opening. X Miami offers shared living with a rent by the bedroom program, and the new tower appears to be designed for a similar concept.

As with 300 Biscayne, a portion of the property is being left vacant for a second tower (A 98-story Waldorf Astoria is planned at 300 Biscayne).
For the new tower at 400 Biscayne, gradient white, blue and clear fritted glass will rise 120 feet in the air from Biscayne Boulevard to clad the lower levels. Behind that will be a 12-story church (the First United Methodist Church is getting a new facility on its former land as part of the deal to purchase the property) and a parking garage with 527 spaces. White aluminum louvers and artistic murals will cover the remainder of the garage.

An amenity deck for residents is being built on level 9 and 10, including an oversized gym, spa, bar and lounge, and pool and beach areas. Three levels of co-working office space are planned above that.

Levels 14 to 47 will be residential, with a total of 646 apartments. More than half of those (340) will be studios, with the remainder 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.

Clear glass with white frames will clad the office levels, while gray glass with dark gray frames and dark gray painted stucco will cover upper residential levels.

The roof of the tower will be at 539 feet tall, while the highest point including enclosure will be 573 feet above sea level.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Construction Permit Pending For 573-Foot Tower At 400 Biscayne

Developer PMG and Greybrook appear to be moving fast to begin construction on a 49-story tower at 400 Biscayne.
Construction permits are now pending, including a phased foundation permit and a permit for the actual mixed-use tower.
Some activity already appears to be taking place at the site, where demolition and site clearing began in December.
On April 17, Miami’s Urban Development Review Board voted to recommend that Miami’s Planning & Zoning Department approve the project. The vote was 4-1, with the sole negative vote complaining about the dark colors proposed for the tower, according to Miami Today.
According to the construction permit, a total of 1,001,500 square feet will be built in the new tower, at a cost of $175,262,501. The project will include 714 residential units, the permit application states (those numbers may have been placeholders, with the UDRB application listing 646 residential units).
John Moriarty & Associates is listed as the contractor.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
^^yes,..,AC.-12,.,.:),.,, Building..Permit,.in,.Hands,.Here,.Better,than,.Nothing,.it's,a,.start,.of,more,.to,come,.soon,.I,say,.More,.towers.,by,.this,Year's,end,.:cheers1:
Pile Drilling Process has started:

[/url]BD7AEB25-3028-43C9-AC1C-E197577425C6 by AB 09, on Flickr[/IMG]
Thanks' AC - 12:banana: I know you got Aston -Martin's Photos ,. Cement Pour is soon , Huge Hole , about 2 floors as Deep there., :popcorn: any Cement Pour news there,.??..please./AC-12.,anyone,.:grouphug:

·
4,114 Posts
49-story 400 Biscayne On Track For Completion in 2021 After Groundbreaking Yesterday

Construction is now underway at 400 Biscayne, a 49-story downtown Miami tower.

Completion is scheduled for 2021, developer PMG said in a press release.

The 882,000-square-foot project will include 714 rental apartments, 3,000 square feet of retail, approximately 48,000 square feet of office space and a 25,000-square-foot church.

“As a Miami native, developing downtown has significance beyond business for me,” said Ryan Shear, Principal of PMG. “Downtown is the core of the city, and we want to be a major player in bringing the area to new heights.”

First United Methodist Church will occupy 10 floors and have its own separate entrance and parking to meet future operating needs. The church will include a chapel, a fellowship hall, classrooms, offices, a basketball court, and a 3-story sanctuary with views of Biscayne Bay.
https://www.thenextmiami.com/49-sto...n-2021-after-groundbreaking-yesterday-photos/

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
49-story 400 Biscayne On Track For Completion in 2021 After Groundbreaking

Construction is now underway at 400 Biscayne, a 49-story downtown Miami tower.
Completion is scheduled for 2021, developer PMG said in a press release.
The 882,000-square-foot project will include 714 rental apartments, 3,000 square feet of retail, approximately 48,000 square feet of office space and a 25,000-square-foot church.
“As a Miami native, developing downtown has significance beyond business for me,” said Ryan Shear, Principal of PMG. “Downtown is the core of the city, and we want to be a major player in bringing the area to new heights.”
First United Methodist Church will occupy 10 floors and have its own separate entrance and parking to meet future operating needs. The church will include a chapel, a fellowship hall, classrooms, offices, a basketball court, and a 3-story sanctuary with views of Biscayne Bay.
Amenities at 400 Biscayne will include co-working spaces, oversized modern gyms and fitness studios with frequent group classes, communal kitchens, smart package lockers, a dog park, bike storage facilities, and more.
Greybrook Realty Partners is a co-developer. Sieger Suarez is the architect.

·
4,114 Posts
Now that Groundbreaking is official, as part of the editorial CTBUH board, I've submitted this to be added to Skyscrapercenter website as "Under Construction"... should be added next week. :cheers:
Luma should also be labeled under construction.

·
4,114 Posts
So... If the Waldorf Astoria sales center is being placed on this lot is it really under construction? I did feel this development was moving more swiftly than usual. Too good to be true? I cant see how a building of this size can be under construction while sales center the size of the Waldorf's is on it. What's happening at 300 Biscayne then that they can't have the sales center there?

Sales Center For 98-Story Waldorf Astoria Appears To Be Moving A Block Over

The new location for the sales center appears to be 400 Biscayne, which developer PMG and Greybrook purchased after 300 Biscayne. Records show a construction permit filed last week at 400 Biscayne for a 6,144 square-foot pre-fabricated structure, at a cost of over $1 million.
https://www.thenextmiami.com/sales-...rf-astoria-appears-to-be-moving-a-block-over/

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
When a sales center is moved off site it only means that construction is not far away!! Let's hope that's the case.

·
4,114 Posts
When a sales center is moved off site it only means that construction is not far away!! Let's hope that's the case.
Sure but its 300 Biscayne's sales center, the Waldorf Astoria supertall, that is being moved. That is nowhere near being built. I don't even think the sales center was even finished and now its being relocated to this spot, 400 Biscayne which was supposedly an active worksite. It looked like that was well on its way but how could it now with this huge sales center being plopped down on it? The Waldorf is a condo/hotel/office, I don't see how that can possibly be breaking ground already.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
^^ SO Very True Marcvader :master: I know How you Feel, I'm keeping Low profile on this One Waldorf Astoria Supertall Tower, it's the location , Right directly across the street from BaySide Marketplace, My Brother works with This Latin American Group company in Ft. Lauderdale and Has something to do with MOSS Construction, He says, YES, they do have a signed Contract to Start with the Elevators that will rise 98 Floors , 12 of them All High speed Elevators' , that go all 12 , Half GO straight up without stopping, They have signed contracts and They say over 35 % of the Condo's are reserved , Mostly reserved by South American Buyers, remember , IMO only, but, My Brother said , It's real about the elevators, His friends work for the Elevator Company that will supply the Tower with at Least 20 Elevators to almost 45 Total in the Whole Tower itself , also with Service Elevators for Food and Dinner Deliveries, Waiters and Maids and Their Tables for cleaning , Half of the Tower is the Waldorf - Astoria, some go all the way up without stopping up to 1,040 Feet High are contracted , The Moss Company is telling their employees That This Miami Tower is next, and they have According TO MY brothers Friends working with the MOSS Construction Company , they are Building the Aston - Martin, Tower, and This Waldorf - Astoria Tower is their's Within the Next 2 Years, after the Foundation is Completed in Late 2021 into Early 2022, AND his friends say A START Groundbreaking looking Towards the end of 2020, INTO Early to MID 2021, after THE Foundation is to be Completed in late 2021, into Early 2022 one year to almost 2 Years For THE Foundation to be Laid, For this one tower He Said, It's Going To Take About 5 years TO complete this 1,041 Feet Tower, , They said The Waldorf - Astoria Hotel Portion Is Due to Open in 2024, The Latest the end Of 2024 For sure , The Hotel Part wants to be Open into 2025 for sure, :banana:The same Amount of years It Took The Comcast # 2 tower In Philadelphia, PA.
Sure but its 300 Biscayne's sales center, the Waldorf Astoria supertall, that is being moved. That is nowhere near being built. I don't even think the sales center was even finished and now its being relocated to this spot, 400 Biscayne which was supposedly an active worksite. It looked like that was well on its way but how could it now with this huge sales center being plopped down on it? The Waldorf is a condo/hotel/office, I don't see how that can possibly be breaking ground already.
Marcvader :), What I'm really trying to say, This ONE Waldorf - Astoria Tower will be Completed in FIVE Years projected by the Moss Company employee's tell my Brother, This Is REAL ! and Due to OPEN to the Public in Sometime Late Fall to Winter start Closings in Late December 2024, To the Early Part of Spring, 2025, :cheers1:

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
^^wow.!!..Marcvader:master:,there's,Your,Answer,to,your,Question,a,few,Posts,Back,
The.Sales,Center,is,there,on,the,south,side,of,the,400.,Biscayne,.Rental,Tower,here,For,.the,".Waldorf-Astoria.Hotel.and.Residences.",300,.Biscayne,Tower,,.,:banana:
anyway,.THANKS,Viper1165:),Our,Most,.Color,Full,Magic,City,of,Moon,Over,.Miami,Cranes,Photos,and,Great,Color,Full,Video's,:cheers:
So,Very,Well, Appreciated ,Viper,Strikes,Back,.:cheers1:
Yes , I need another 11 Bucks Keyboard at Walmart:nuts:Everyone:grouphug:,Another,cup,of,coffee,on,my..,100th,Keyboard,:bash:

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
^^ Miami1 :), my.brother.is.younger.than.I.and.tells.the.truth.more.than.I.But,He,says,the.Friends,a nd, Latin-in-laws,.He's.married,.to, a ,Beautiful,Puerto Rico,.Woman,married,Carmen,.with,.over,.34,Years,.His.latin.Brother.in.Law,.is an employee of the, Ft.lauderdale,Based.South.Florida,Elevator.Company,has,signed.contracts.with,the,PMG,group,to,to .start, in , around,. 2021,to.Install,the,Elevators,Many,Improved,to,race,Fast,.to,.the,top,.at,over,1,000.,Feet,Straight.Up.This,Waldorf'-Asteria,Hotel,Tower,is,Real,and,.will,be,our,1st,Supertall,to, Break,ground,somtime,Late,.Next,year,into,.2021..IMO.Only.Please. But.I.believe , Him,.This ,Tower,is ,real, ,It.,will,start,.with,.the,Foundation,.Drilling,soon,It's,already,.40,%,Percent,reserved,.Condos,.and,the,Hotel,has,.the,.Funds,to ,Start,soon,IMO only please:cheers1:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
^^ Miami1 :), my.brother.is.younger.than.I.and.tells.the.truth.more.than.I.But,He,says,the.Friends,a nd, Latin-in-laws,.He's.married,.to, a ,Beautiful,Puerto Rico,.Woman,married,Carmen,.with,.over,.34,Years,.His.latin.Brother.in.Law,.is an employee of the, Ft.lauderdale,Based.South.Florida,Elevator.Company,has,signed.contracts.with,the,PMG,group,to,to .start, in , around,. 2021,to.Install,the,Elevators,Many,Improved,to,race,Fast,.to,.the,top,.at,over,1,000.,Feet,Straight.Up.This,Waldorf'-Asteria,Hotel,Tower,is,Real,and,.will,be,our,1st,Supertall,to, Break,ground,somtime,Late,.Next,year,into,.2021..IMO.Only.Please. But.I.believe , Him,.This ,Tower,is ,real, ,It.,will,start,.with,.the,Foundation,.Drilling,soon,It's,already,.40,%,Percent,reserved,.Condos,.and,the,Hotel,has,.the,.Funds,to ,Start,soon,IMO only please:cheers1:
LIKE..:banana::banana::):)

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
^^ THANKS:banana:,./Miami1:),
This.Rental.,Tower,.will,be,Beautiful.Landmark,at,the,Begining.entrance,to,the.PortMiami,:cheers:
Please.Everyone:grouphug:Check,.out,the,1st,Rendering,.SHOWS,ALL,.theree's,the,building,.to,the,Left,of,the,400,Biscayne,.Tower,.here,in.the,1st,Rendering,Photo,where,the,Black.,and,.White,.Car,.is,shown,here,to.the,Left,,.of,the,.Tower,.the,Said.property.that,goes,South.to,N.E,4th,.Street,.which,is,Not,Shown,.here,to,the,Left,,.in,this,rendering,.
For.sure..that's,the,make.,Believe,.Sales,.Center,Tent,in,it's,place,Here,Now,as,the,Future,Building,will,be.,added,.here,later,maybe,another,Parking,.Garage,in,the,Future,.:dunno:.and,A.Huge,future,.Parking,Lot,to,rise,to,the,Left,.Later,.in.about,2,Years,.LOL..Parking,.Lot,.South,of,the,Said,here.400,Rental.562.Feet.from.Ground.Level,FAA,approved.49.Floors.over.650.One.Bedroom.1.Bath.Rental.at.,5,000.a.month.Units,.Biscayne,.Tower,.which.,will,open,.soon,.for,More,.Waldorf-Astoria,.Hotel./and.Residences,,Tower,Sales,to_Open,Soon,.To,,Continue,Sales.Center.and.parking.for.,the.Sales.Center..Here,:cheers:.
a.Special./Thanks./goes,to,Our.PrageethSL,.Thanks,again,:cheers1:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts