SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TRY THIS LINK FIRST Video

Link2
For this link click the link and then watch the video from CBS.You need to scroll down and find the one that says
"Miami Beach gets coastline walkway makeover"

Miami Beach will have a walkway encompassing its entire coastline, from South Pointe to the open space park in North Beach.

One question what do they mean by "North Beach"?

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
North Beach includes all streets that fall into the 33141 zip code, from 63rd Street to 87th Street, 23rd Street to 63rd being Mid-Beach, and 23rd Street to South Point being South Beach.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Very interesting QuantumX. Thank you never knew. I was going crazy trying to find it in google maps.
South Beach - 33139, Mid-Beach -33140, North Beach - 33141.:)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
TRY THIS LINK FIRST Video

Link2
For this link click the link and then watch the video from CBS.You need to scroll down and find the one that says
"Miami Beach gets coastline walkway makeover"

Miami Beach will have a walkway encompassing its entire coastline, from South Pointe to the open space park in North Beach.

One question what do they mean by "North Beach"?
This definitely makes more sense than the current raised wooden board walk that stops near 40 something street and as the report states is very costly to maintain.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome, Can't wait until it's finished. Just moved to North Beach- North Bay Village, so I will utilize it for running and biking down to SoBe.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
87 blocks of boardwalk, wow. How far down does it go right now? Fifth St.? I don't recall a boardwalk behind Nikki Beach, though South Pointe is very close.
I kinda liked the wooden boardwalk though.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
87 blocks of boardwalk, wow. How far down does it go right now? Fifth St.? I don't recall a boardwalk behind Nikki Beach, though South Pointe is very close.
I kinda liked the wooden boardwalk though.
There's a walkway behind Nikki Beach and South Pointe, but it's not a boardwalk per say.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Apart from the walkway that has always been there (the sand), they are going to connect all of the Miami Beach neighborhoods with a a walkway similar to the one below. South of Fifth, the walkway is hard packed sand. Hopefully, it stays that way. you can run and ride bikes on it with ease. The new South Pointe park will be extrodinary. Like they say in the video...they will eliminate the wooden boardwalk in favor for something that looks like this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the boardwalk. I especially like not having bikers and rollerbladers on the wooden boardwalk. But it does seem more practical to pave it.

Anyways, I look forward to this extension.

·
Banned
961 Posts
from which street does the boardwalk starts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts