Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Miami at Night Book
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brickell City Centre Expansion Plan Updates:

https://www.goldenduskphotography.co...ntre-expansion

First Expansion Tower: 54 story tower, 588 residential units, 89,130 square feet of commercial space, 839 parking spaces

Second Expansion Tower: 62 story tower, 384 residential units, 3,200 square feet of commercial space, 363 parking spaces

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Anyone heard anything on the remaining leasing that has to be done to get the BIG BOY going ?
Have not heard any updates in that regard in awhile. Still have faith in them to get it done but until shovels hit dirt...

Really want this one. I don't have much confidence that OBP is really still a "thing" anymore. Been upwards of a decade now since it was announced and nothing has actually happened.

Swire I feel differently about as a developer...but leasing all that space may be tougher than imagined. Just don't know. Maybe someone does? :cheers:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
My understanding of the BCC supertall is that it's mostly office space. And both downtown and Brickell office markets are kinda cooling down a bit right now (if I read that last Cushman-Wakefield report right). So it's unlikely they will build without forseeing some needed demand in the class A office space. It will probably stay in a holding pattern for a few more years.

But that's just my guess, I'm not an industry insider.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
My understanding of the BCC supertall is that it's mostly office space. And both downtown and Brickell office markets are kinda cooling down a bit right now (if I read that last Cushman-Wakefield report right). So it's unlikely they will build without forseeing some needed demand in the class A office space. It will probably stay in a holding pattern for a few more years.

But that's just my guess, I'm not an industry insider.
Same here. When RE demand is overheated some stuff rises...even against logic sometimes. But it does. Condos can easily be converted to rentals.

Office space is a different animal. SOME speculation involved, for sure, but it also relies on much more concrete leasing over a long-term.

Hopefully it's progressing in that regard. I also have no way of knowing for sure. Just want the thing to rise! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I think the supertall was going to be composed of about half office space and the rest hotel and condo with some retail in the first few floors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts