SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Cancelled: property exchanged for nearby lot with greater FAR allownance. New tower will have different address, name [likely] and design.

Ok, this is an old proposal in miami, which just recently got redesigned. The redesigned version has been named as one of the top10 best modern skyscraper designs by SLATE( http://www.slate.com/id/2139722/slideshow/2139721/fs/0//entry/2139709/ )

here are the building stats
Brickell Flatiron buildings
MiXED use building/ office/residential/retail
554condo units
598,000 sqft, office space
69,000 sqft retail
1.5million sqft total
1191 parking spaces
250million cost
architects Enrique Norton/Kobi karp

Info thanks to dave8721

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another rendering

thanks to : DGM

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,926 Posts
Well, the question begging to be asked here, since no one is asking, is:
Does the redesign of "an old proposal" mean that the project is now definitely going forward?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it seems like it, the first design was done by an architect who didn't even own the land, about a year ago some developers paid about 30million for the piece of land, and now have redesigned it are going through the approval process, they also have 3 other projects in miami, so they same "serious' about it.

·
"The Ignorant Fool"
2,926 Posts
Thanks Mad Hatter. This design is fabulous. I really like it. One of those projects that immediately strike you as special. Hopefully the award by SLATE will help it sail through approval without modification or shrinkage. I'll be following this one.

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Miami as in Perfect said:
Somebody NEEDS to make sure they light this beaut up like the BofA. It would be stunning if it had a kick ass light scheme in the night sky; and to top everything off; it has no BALCONYS! The day has come, Miamians. A really big thing without balconys!
It has to have balconies. It wouldn't suprise me if thats what those white stripes are. The upper floors are residential condos (554 of them to be exact). Condos in Miami always have balconies, this would be the first (modern) condo in Miami with no balconies which wouldn't be good for sales though I agree it would look much nicer without them.

·
I know right . . . !
250 Posts
dave8721 said:
It has to have balconies. It wouldn't suprise me if thats what those white stripes are. The upper floors are residential condos (554 of them to be exact). Condos in Miami always have balconies, this would be the first (modern) condo in Miami with no balconies which wouldn't be good for sales though I agree it would look much nicer without them.
oh, my hopes were shattered. lol. maybe in a few years we can get SOMETHING without them. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, even the Wachovia F.C. has mini balconies on the set back blocks on the top.

Oh well, we will live. This building is still amazing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.