·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
^^The renderings look more like 30-story towers. But nice project non-the-less

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2014/05/21/four-60-story-riverfront-towers-unveiled/

In the shadow of I-95, a developer plans to build four 60-story towers on the Miami River to include a marina, hotel and 1,449 condo units.

The ambitious plan was reviewed May 14 by the Urban Infill & Greenways Subcommittee of the Miami River Commission.

Miami Riverwalk’s towers would cluster the condos and 300 hotel rooms on about 6.5 acres. The plan also calls for retail and office uses, a riverfront restaurant, public riverwalk and other dedicated green space, a small marina and parking garages.

The project is planned for a three-block area bordered by the river, Southwest Seventh Street, Southwest Third Avenue and Southwest Second Avenue.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
You beat me to it :lol: I was about to post it when website went down :bash:

·
Miami at Night Book
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. This is great. Now this is what the riverfront should have and look like.
I agree. That area is very seedy right now and this project would help clean it up.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts
I read 4 towers, 60 floors each. Since residential is the chief component, I think it is safe to say that they would rise to the 650' range.
I don't think the FAA will let them go that high in that location, but we'll see. Actually, they appear to be right at the height limit in that area. Wow! Where is all this going to stop?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
This looks more reasonably suited for "young professionals".

http://www.exmiami.org/index.php/boutique-condominium-project-coming-brickell/
Agreed, $300/sf sounds about right.

Although this building to me highlights why the insane prices for these other projects are ridiculous. It's one thing in your in Manhattan and space is a premium and people have no where else to go, but it makes no sense to be buying condos at $550+/sf when you can simply go a few blocks over and build an almost endless supply at $300/sf. At the end of the day this building will look nice, have similar amentities (maybe not over the top ones) and still be within walking distance of City Center. Brickell Ten is another building that comes to mind.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Condo developer buys Finnegan’s bar on Miami River

Brian BandellSenior Reporter-
South Florida Business Journal
Email | LinkedIn | Twitter

A company led by New York developer Meyer Chetrit acquired the Finnegan’s bar property on the Miami River for $11.5 million and plans to build a condo there.

Ocean Drive Clevelander, led by Anthony Karpawich, sold the 39,495-square-foot property at 401 S.W. Third Ave. to CG Miami River, led by Chertrit. The 10,871-square-foot bar includes a pool along the river, but perhaps not for much longer.

According to a Miami Today story in May, Chetrit Group submitted plans to the Miami River Commission for four 60-story condo towers with a total of 1,449 units, plus a marina and hotel.

RELATED CONTENT: Developer pays $33M for Miami River site, 1,426 units planned

In June, CG Miami River paid $4.6 million to Bachelor Foods for a 14,866-square-foot site at 621 S.W. Third Ave.

Given the distance between the Bachelor Foods property and the bar site along the river, it looks like Chetrit has a handful of acquisitions to close before he assembles this site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...ami-river.html

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts
This seems to be turning into a serious project. We'll probably have to create a dedicated thread eventually.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Condo developer buys Finnegan’s bar on Miami River

Brian BandellSenior Reporter-
South Florida Business Journal
Email | LinkedIn | Twitter

A company led by New York developer Meyer Chetrit acquired the Finnegan’s bar property on the Miami River for $11.5 million and plans to build a condo there.

Ocean Drive Clevelander, led by Anthony Karpawich, sold the 39,495-square-foot property at 401 S.W. Third Ave. to CG Miami River, led by Chertrit. The 10,871-square-foot bar includes a pool along the river, but perhaps not for much longer.

According to a Miami Today story in May, Chetrit Group submitted plans to the Miami River Commission for four 60-story condo towers with a total of 1,449 units, plus a marina and hotel.

RELATED CONTENT: Developer pays $33M for Miami River site, 1,426 units planned

In June, CG Miami River paid $4.6 million to Bachelor Foods for a 14,866-square-foot site at 621 S.W. Third Ave.

Given the distance between the Bachelor Foods property and the bar site along the river, it looks like Chetrit has a handful of acquisitions to close before he assembles this site.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...ami-river.html
and another one bites the dust.

·
Miami at Night Book
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 72 Posts