Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a some time to kill before work so here we go...

After a bus trip from suburban Kendall I started at the Dadeland Station Parking garage for some quick shots of Dadeland

"Downtown Dadeland"

Towers of Dadeland (still trying to remember why I took this one)

Here comes the Metrorail

At the Dadeland North station, notice the Britto sculpture

let's go get on the train, next stop: downtown

Shaq is spying on me. Freedom Tower and a cruise ship also making an apperance.

Downtown and Brickell a couple of stops away

New Federal Courthouse u/c. Metromover posing for me.

Central Baptist Church

Downtown still has a lot of grit

One of the first residential rehabs for downtown. The Congress Building

Brickell on the River presiding.

I heart Miami

Nice rehabs

Lean back

A classic

topped out.

Tequesta monument

Old and New

That was the end of the roll, next on to Brickell... (hopefully coming soon)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
hot stuff brick..,i heart miami too

seems like you had a nice journey and used public transportation!!i like the lean back wachovia shot

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Brickell :) , very nice pics, bro, Downtown Kendall, also know as Dadeland is the most southern tallest tower downtown in the united states. With the Twin 32 floor Metropolis condo towers almost completed, Downtown Kendall will shine as one of the most fastest growing unincorporated metro cities in our nation. What i'm saying here is , If Kendall ever became its own City, it will have a population now of over 550,000 passing the City of Miami and the city of Hialeah together as the second largest city in Florida :)
p.s. !!! Go Cranes in Kendall !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. It was definitely a transitful day. Then again, why not?

There's a profile of Dadeland in this weeks Miami Today. There's a few more good projects online for the area. I hope to do some research on it tonight and will post it later.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great pix.:) I really like the picture of Brickell on the River as seen from downtown. It shows how the new developments are giving downtown a bigger city feel.:)

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Excellent pics Brickell!!! Thanks for sharing them. Going on those types of Public transport/walking tours are very rewarding. I'm always amazed at how much activity there is in the CBD on weekends when there are only a few people that actually live there. Chuck, :) cue up your favorite Karen Carpenter record...

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Roark said:
Excellent pics Brickell!!! Thanks for sharing them. Chuck, :) cue up your favorite Karen Carpenter record...
We've only just begun ! , to share, so much to see today !, horizon's are so true to us, there's such a beautiful view for us in this magic cityyyyyyyy !!, ummm, ummm, We've only just begun, To smile :) , such a delightful family here, to love and share each other's dream ! , We've only just begun. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
brickell said:
Thanks guys. It was definitely a transitful day. Then again, why not?

There's a profile of Dadeland in this weeks Miami Today. There's a few more good projects online for the area. I hope to do some research on it tonight and will post it later.
Brickell :) , Bro, we, your family here, need a Miami-Dade photo trip from Sunny Isles Beach down through One Bal Harbour, Surfside towers to Aqua Island, North Beach all the way down to South Beach, then accross McArthur Causesway into the Performing Arts Center, down Biscayne Blvd into the Dupont Plaza Area, YES !!!, what " A " Photo Trip that would be, wow, someone :) has to do it, please . :cheers:

p.s.Brickell :) and Everyone, Better yet, please Start at Aventura just off U.S. 1 or I-95 , Ives Dairy Road, then go accross the 192nd Street Causeway to Sunny Isles Beach, first, what a Photo shot on top of that 192nd Causeway Bridge over the Intracoastal waterway (the William Lehman Causeway ), enjoy that view, the Best !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't been north of Miami Shores in ages. That's like foreign territory to a down souther like me.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
brickell said:
I haven't been north of Miami Shores in ages. That's like foreign territory to a down souther like me.
Brickell :) , Bro, just skip Maimi Shores, and take I-95 north to Ives Diary road east to the New City of Aventura, that's where I'm at, you'll love it here, then take that photo trip back down A1A to south beach then to Miami Downtown, you'll thank me later, :cheers:

p,s, also Brickell, U.S. 1 , also known as biscayne blvd through Miami Shores is under construction down to one lane, stay out of that area for a while, lol. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts