Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a copy of the new Miami DDA color foldout. It is worth requesting. There are renderings of projects that I have never heard off. Also, you can get a peek of Bayview market. I received my copy in the mail in less than 1 week.:banana: :banana: :)

Destination Downtown: The Best of Urban Living Brochure- May 2007
Web: www.miamidda.com

Downtown Miami: The Best of Urban Living

Did you know the Central Business District alone has over 55 restaurants? And Brickell, over 40?

The Miami DDA recently re-published its well-known brochure that highlights all the development activity in Downtown Miami - but for the first time ever; it also includes listings of the majority of:

Retail Shops
Restaurants
Bars and Clubs
Cultural Venues and Attractions
Hotels
Supermarkets
Parks and Marinas
Academic Institutions
Public Transit

For copies of this brochure, please write your request including name, company, address, and telephone number to [email protected] or call 305-579-6675. Limited quantities available per request.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you be gracious enough if at all possible to post up some of the pictures they have in the brochure.
Director....The pictures are very small... not sure they would scan good. Maybe I can take a picture of some.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Glad this is catching on...the DDA has been a great source of information for me over the years. Only a couple of years ago, I'd provide them with development information (some info form the good people posting in this forum!!!).
I spent Saturday sitting between the DDA Director and Marc Sarnanof. It was a lively discussion of the state of the New World Center, or what we know as the Central Business District.
It's good and getting better!!!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Could you please tell us more Roark???
Sure, the meeting was for the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Goals Conference...this particular meeting was the New World Center Committee. Some of the many notables in the session led by former Miami Beach Mayor Niesen Kasdin (He's the NWC Committee chairman), were Saranof, Michael Lewis (Miami Today founder and Editor), County Commissioner Jimenez, Bernard Zyscovich, Port Director Bill Johnson, DDA Director Dana Nottingham, and a whole host of whose who in this community. The NWC Committee set their goals and priortized advocacy for the following:
1) Continued support of and funding guidance for the Miami Port Tunnel.
2) Advocating for complete funding to complete the Miami River project.
3) Enhance and priortize the implementation of the CBD Masterplan especially for Flagler.
4) Advise and monitor funding sources for operating the PAC and Museum Park with TIF money. (I may have mangled this one a bit, but this is hte idea).

Those are the main priorties of the New World Center Committee, but the GMCC advocates for a number of causes vital to the enhancement of the CDB on several different committees and programs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts