·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...and you know that with Melo, this will get built!!! The location is not the best in my opinion, right across the FDC, but it's rentals so it has a better chance to succeed than condos.:cheers:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Good. This being a Melo property we know it will get built and not just a flip play.

Reactions: viper1165

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thats a great gap filling spot. It will at least clear out some of the blight that surrounds those blocks which is about the worst blight we have left down here. Plus it would be moving a thousand people to go along with the World Center rentals to bring foot traffic to the area. If that Convention Center finally gets built, wed have most of Park West built from the train station to Biscayne.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I’m excited about this because Melo isn’t known to land bank and it being rentals you know it’s goung to happen. I’m all for filling in the cbd and getting more people to live there. This helps retail, transit, the parks, the arts. The more people the better. Transformative for sure.

Reactions: AC12

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Never ending development. It sure has taken awhile though for Downtown outside of Brickell.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Not to nitpick but I am getting a bit concerned that this ALL seems to be residential. There aren't any offices around this place. What good is the train station for commuters if all the buildings around it aren't office buildings with in easy walking distance of the station. I mean it's good that there's MiamiCentral 2 and 3 but... what about some others?

Plus, like Spell I'm getting "balcony fatigue".

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This should ease your concern...Calle8

Melo Buys Third Parcel On Downtown Miami Block
By TNM Staff on July 31, 2018

Melo Group has closed on the purchase of a third major property on a single downtown Miami block.
Two of the properties were sold by Christ Fellowship Baptist Church:
About half of the property including the church building at 500 NE 1st Avenue – $10.75M (sold July 2018)
A 43,932 square foot surface parking lot next to the church – $10M (sold July 2017)
In addition, Melo purchased another property directly adjacent to the two church sites, from Downtown Legal Center LLC:
A 15,000 square foot lot at 46 Northeast 6th Street – $7.55M (sold April 2018)
Melo intends to develop a project on the newly acquired land that could include office, residential, retail, and/or hospitality, according to a an easement agreement filed with the sale.
The sale includes a portion of the current church building, which will be demolished. The main portion of the church building will remain, however.
The foundations of Melo’s new project will be beneath the remaining historic church building, the easement states.
Yesterday, a construction permit was filed for the property to build a scaffolding or pedestrian walkway, at a cost of $10,000.

https://www.thenextmiami.com/melo-buys-third-parcel-on-downtown-miami-block/

P.S. Now Melo owns the whole block except the Okan property.

Reactions: URBAN BEAUTY

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Not to nitpick but I am getting a bit concerned that this ALL seems to be residential. There aren't any offices around this place. What good is the train station for commuters if all the buildings around it aren't office buildings with in easy walking distance of the station. I mean it's good that there's MiamiCentral 2 and 3 but... what about some others?

Plus, like Spell I'm getting "balcony fatigue".
South Florida in general really doesn't have that much office space downtown for a metro of its size. Most people with office jobs commute to other areas (for instance, Blue Lagoon or Coral Gables in Miami or Sawgrass, Plantation, or Cypress Creek area in Fort Lauderdale)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Oh I'm aware, oh baby am I aware of that!

I'm one of those people forced to reverse commute out to some God forsaken suburban office park to a job, instead of being able to "take the train in" like normal people in civilized places (basically northeastern USA cities).

It's honestly one of the things that most gets under my skin about Miami. It's not the traffic. It's that we have BUILT a place over many years (thought bad planning and lack of incentives) that forces most of us to drive to a job out in the middle of some suburbia. THAT contributes massively to the bad traffic at rush hour. We need to better incentivize offices to build close to places with transit and high density. That would do wonders to help the situation over time. It would take many years of course, that's how long it took to mess it up, and that's how long it will take to fix it. But it's probably the single biggest thing we can do to fix it I believe.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
This one is about to break ground. Bring on the CBD infill.

Melo Group’s Downtown 5th Towers Proposed To Rise 508 Feet, Groundbreaking Soon

Developer Melo Group is preparing to break ground on another apartment complex, and has submitted the proposal to the Federal Aviation Administration.

According to the filing submitted July 25, the twin-tower project will top off at 495 feet above ground, or 508 feet above sea level. That means each tower will likely be approximately 50 stories.

Construction will begin November 1, 2018 and be completed on April 30, 2021, according to a work schedule submitted to the agency. Another Melo tower, Miami Plaza, also lists a November 2018 start date.
https://www.thenextmiami.com/melo-g...roposed-to-rise-508-feet-groundbreaking-soon/

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
^^ YES Dempsey6 :) a Very tight Squeeze But Like Tibor Hollo's Panarama all Rental and Hotel Floors Tower with 85 Floors at 868 Feet from Ground Level. Rental Apartment Towers usually Don't have an Marked 13th Floor. they go from 12th Floor in an Elevator to the 14th Floor Next . so really there are 49 Floors here with the Top Floor the 50th Floor which really is 49th Floor. also Most of Tibor Hollo's Rental Towers have each Floor is really only 9 Feet To the ceilings From/which are about 8 and a Half Feet high from each Tile/grout Floor Bottom to the top ceiling No one is taller than 8.2 feet for sure I believe that's a fact . :nuts: . and still Room enough within that / there at 495 Feet from Ground Level there's plenty of room for a bottom floor of MELO's Rental Towers for A/the Lobby and Offices and stores if any .still could be the lobby floor and the 2nd Floor starts the Rental Apartments. still plenty of room for a 6 Feet Tall wall across the top floor Ceiling on the Very top for the air-condition Units and cooling Towers with Fans :lol: :cheers1:
50 floors in 500 feet? Tight squeeze

1 - 20 of 64 Posts