SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Uncle Frank
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miami from the air

A collection of my aerials over Miami for your enjoyment. These pictures were taken from commercial flights during the past ten months.

Virginia Key

Key Biscayne

Coconut Grove

Coral Gables

West Dade

Florida International University

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
don does know miami,

man awesome pics,

i can see my house in that pic of west dade, thats off lakes of the meadow

in this awesome pic, that pool u see on the bottom middle part of the pic, with the sidwalk, is a block from my house..

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
DON NOES MIAMI, wow , Don Pacho :) , GLAD your Here, you are really the man I got to meet, and Just think we are only 5 days apart OLD, and that's a fact !!! :cheers:

P.S. Don, What city were you born ,I was in Baltimore, and move here in Miami when I was 9 , when Hurricane Cleo hit in 1964. :cheers:

That Picture # 11 , the one showing Brickell looking north is one of the best with the Miami River going almost all the way back to Lake Okeechobee, a huge white crack, looks like a quake opening to the top of the Pic, its the Miami River, Kool. :)

·
Uncle Frank
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ChuckScraperMiami#1 said:
DON NOES MIAMI, wow , Don Pacho :) , GLAD your Here, you are really the man I got to meet, and Just think we are only 5 days apart OLD, and that's a fact !!! :cheers:

P.S. Don, What city were you born ,I was in Baltimore, and move here in Miami when I was 9 , when Hurricane Cleo hit in 1964. :cheers: :)

thanks Chuck. I was born in Bucaramanga, Colombia. I am the first generation in the new world of spanish inmigrants. Moved to Miami in 1972. Finished High School (Curley) and College here. I also lived in Louisiana where I've got a bachelors degree in Architecture and also in England where I've earned a Masters. Miami is always been my base town. I've came back from the UK in 1985.

Andrew was my first hurricane I've ever experienced.

:)

·
Uncle Frank
17,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MIAballinboi said:
don does know miami,

man awesome pics,

i can see my house in that pic of west dade, thats off lakes of the meadow

in this awesome pic, that pool u see on the bottom middle part of the pic, with the sidwalk, is a block from my house..
I've found a couple of more shots of your neighborhood. These ones are from the other side. Apparently the planes seem to turn around this area.

I hope you can see your house on these ones...

:)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
Wow Don Pacho :) , I work in all three of those areas of Kendall, the last Pic is the Best, all Kendall south of S.W. 40 St, ( bird road ), all the way to Downtown Dadeland in the background, Great Pics again Don, Thanks, over 500,000 population just in that last pic, That's Kendall !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
don's the man!

woow that kendall pic is amazing,

well the first first pic u put of my neighborhood showed my house, and no wonder i always see planes flying kinda low and like turning alot of times, thats cool

·
Gator Moderator
926 Posts
We must all attend the County Meetings to block developers and the City of Hialeah from trying to Move the UDB further West!!!

This would severely hurt Miami and would provide no sound housing for anyone and would just put loads of money into developer's pockets. They claim it would add "affordable housing" but we need to help the county realize that this will hurt the county by forcing it to spend millions to create a new urban infrastructure in our beautiful everglades. The county would have to spend millions to create roads, schools, highways, police, fire, adn other basic services.

Also, if this is affordable housing then why isnt it placed closer to where the jobs in Miami are? Anyone on a limited income cannot simply afford the cost of driving from past 177th ave through traffic to a job in downtown, it simply isn't logical. affordable housing should and can only be placed where an existing urban infrastructure exists to help suit the needs of the people who need it the most. These services include Mass Transit, Hospitals, Schools, etc.

Lets get together guys and go to the next County meeting to show our displeasure on this latest movement by developers (Armando Codina) and hope that we can fight developers from furthering our Urban Sprawl. We must fight for Urban Growth in Miami and the betterment of existing Urban areas before we can look to the west or beyond.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts