SkyscraperCity banner

501 - 520 of 1213 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Interesting. I quite like the renovation plans, though have some concerns.
One, the roof necessarily has to be that way? I suppose it is because it has to be strong against hurricanes - but it does look weird. Guess it will grow on me, as it reminds me of a more modern, higher roof of the San Siro Stadium in Milan.
Two, do the corners really have to remain empty? And furthermore, are screens that big needed? It doesn't look right.
Three, I do like the stands getting closer to the pitch - but wouldn't they be at too low an angle? Though they seem somewhat ok, I suppose I'd like to know more about that.
More importantly for me personally though, I hope that by getting closer to the field the stadium doesn't lose its soccer configuration? Yes, I know it is too big for an MLS team, but I was thinking towards the 2016 Copa America (unless the stadium isn't going to host? Would be a crying shame, was expecting to see a game...).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting. I quite like the renovation plans, though have some concerns.
One, the roof necessarily has to be that way? I suppose it is because it has to be strong against hurricanes - but it does look weird. Guess it will grow on me, as it reminds me of a more modern, higher roof of the San Siro Stadium in Milan.
Two, do the corners really have to remain empty? And furthermore, are screens that big needed? It doesn't look right.
Three, I do like the stands getting closer to the pitch - but wouldn't they be at too low an angle? Though they seem somewhat ok, I suppose I'd like to know more about that.
More importantly for me personally though, I hope that by getting closer to the field the stadium doesn't lose its soccer configuration? Yes, I know it is too big for an MLS team, but I was thinking towards the 2016 Copa America (unless the stadium isn't going to host? Would be a crying shame, was expecting to see a game...).
1) Miami is a major Hurrican zone so I had a feeling that massive roof was going to need major support.
2)Upper corners are the worst seats and the had to reduce capacity as there are currently way to many empty seats. what better place to take them out. Yes the screens are way to big. I have ADD so there is no way I would not be staring at the screen the whole time. Im sure Dallas is worse.
3) Yes the angle is lower then before but the team president stated that the angle is in line with most new stadiums. With a high water table and the upper endzones already with limited view of the close endzone they could not dig down to lower the field and keep the same angle of the stands. I actually with they would have moved the stands closer. They are still to far away, apparently it was doe so to allow soccer.

·
Namasté
1,022 Posts
So many screens. You have a TV so you can watch the game that is taking place in front of you!? There are so many screens. The people in those seats will probably be on their phones the whole time, so they won't be able to see whats happening on the screens in front of them which is also what is happening right in front of them.
Well to be fair, those field level endzone seats are the worst seats in the stadium as far as actually seeing what the hell is going on on the field. Those seats are for people who probably don't really care about watching the game with their own eyeballs anyway. I call them "idiot seats". :lol:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
*idiots with too much money who want to take selfies of themselves while checking twitter to see if their friends can see them on tv attention whores and don't really care about the game that much.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
2)Upper corners are the worst seats and the had to reduce capacity as there are currently way to many empty seats. what better place to take them out. Yes the screens are way to big. I have ADD so there is no way I would not be staring at the screen the whole time. Im sure Dallas is worse.
It's not bad at all.

·
Registered
34,029 Posts
Have you been to a game there? I have! It's not bad. Everyone thinks it is until they go there.
I have been in Arlington twice for games of the Dallas Cowboys. And it just is a fantastic stadium. I am sure this stadium in Miami will also be very nice, but if they can match the qualities of the AT&T Cowboys Stadium we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1
501 - 520 of 1213 Posts