SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread should have been created weeks ago but its better later than never. We are going to Detroit for Round 3, Game 1 tomorrow and we’re going to stomp those ugly SOBs. It took Detroit 7 games to defeat the fourth seeded Cavs. They’re obviously not playing at the same level as last year and this time we will start playing without any serious injuries. While the Pistons have plenty of role players, they have no stars. We have D. Wade and Shaquille O’Neal. If we score enough in the paint, have our bench play better basketball than their’s, and stop their fast breaks, we will beat them. This year we will be the Eastern Conference Champs! Now let’s show at least a little support! LET'S GO HEAT! LET'S GO HEAT!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woot Woot! We're up one and Phoenix won last night. They're a lot like the Pistons in the sense that they only have role players. If we can beat the Pistons we can beat the Suns. So far, eveything is going our way. I think this year's team is better than last years (at least in the post season) and will go all the way if our older players can keep up the pace. Hopefully, both of my basketball teams will be champions this year. The only problem is that I can't decide which team to theme my beerpong table after, Gators or Heat.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Ok, we can be pretty certain now that the Heat will go to the Finals. So, I'll pose a question for all of you:
Who would you rather see the Heat face in the finals, the Mavericks, or the Suns? My vote is for the Suns because they have shown that they can't handle the clock well and if they can't control the pace of the game they can't make baskets. Plus, our big men will have a field day going against such a small weak team.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First I'm nt counting the Pistons out. Don't get me wrong I love the Heat since they were announced some 20 years ago. But we have to finish the Pistons first. After that we'll think about the finals in which case I'd rather see Phoenix.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
BHK27 said:
First I'm nt counting the Pistons out. Don't get me wrong I love the Heat since they were announced some 20 years ago. But we have to finish the Pistons first. After that we'll think about the finals in which case I'd rather see Phoenix.
Amen to that brother... lets focus our positive energy on game 5 and finish off the pistons.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
FEEL THE HEAT !!! :dance:
Everyone :grouphug: , WE DID IT, !!!! :cheer: :applause: :cheers1:
MIAMI 95 , Pistons 78, :llama: :cheers:

ALL Shaq, in the 4th Quarter, 29 points Total,

Wade plays Great with the Flu !!!! :eek:kay:

Heat wins a 4 -2 game Finale !!!

First time in the Finals in NBA history :dance:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Heat = Eastern Conference Champions!

LET'S GO HEAT!!! The Miami Heat are officially the Eastern Conference Champs! Even with one of our star players sick, we managed to beat the Detroit Pistons 97 – 78 to finish the series 4 – 2. Now we wait for the West to finish their conference final so we can beat them and give Florida two National Basketball Championship titles in one year. Neither the Mavs nor the Suns stand a chance against us. Our guys are just bigger and more experienced. Plus, we will probably rough them up pretty bad like we did the Pistons. I hope we play the Suns because we would stand a better chance against Nash than Nowitzki but I'll be satisfied if they manage to hold off Dallas to game seven. Let’s just hope that D. Wade gets better before the Finals and that he doesn’t pass whatever he has to Shaq.

NBA.com said:
Miami 96, Detroit 78
Heat Overcome Wade’s Illness to Eliminate Pistons

MIAMI, June 2 -- When Dwyane Wade came down with the flu, the Miami Heat had to be feeling a bit queasy. In the end, however, the Detroit Pistons were left feeling sick to their stomachs.

The Heat are headed to the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history, overcoming Wade's untimely illness with a huge game from Shaquille O'Neal and hot shooting from Jason Williams in an affirming 95-78 victory over the Pistons.

The second-seeded Heat won the series in six games and ended the two-year reign of the top-seeded Pistons as Eastern Conference champions. They play at Dallas or Phoenix on Tuesday.

Miami avenged last year's disheartening loss, when it held the lead with less than two minutes to play in Game 7 at home but was denied by Detroit. Wade labored through that game with bruised ribs.

A sickening case of deja vu swept over South Florida when Wade missed shootaround - and was hospitalized - with a bad case of the flu. He showed courage in starting and playing 37 minutes but was not himself.

He didn't have to be, not with O'Neal unleashing a "Shaq Attack" and Williams finally finding his shooting touch. The Heat took the lead for good in the first quarter and took off in the third period, when Wade finally got into the act.

O'Neal scored 28 points on 12-of-14 shooting and grabbed 16 rebounds. Williams made his first 10 shots before missing his last two, finishing with 21 points. Wade had 14 points and 10 assists.
Some of the highlights from Game Six:

·
Registered
341 Posts
everyone the HEAT were amazing and so were the fans last night biscayne was PACKED FULL OF CRAZY WHITE HOT HEAT FANS HONKING YELLING USING CLACKERS CHANTING - LETS GO HEAT LETS GO HEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The street was full until about 1 am , and when the Pistons buses tried to leave (about 1140) they had fans running up to the buses playfully taunting etc. it was really great to see everyone so happy and proud of the HEAT.

LETS GO HEAT LETS GO HEAT LETS GO HEAT LETS GO HEAT LETS GO HEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
RP1 said:
Let's go Mavs! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

(bitter bulls fan)
Wouldn't it make more sense for a bulls fan to root for the Heat? I would think it would be more consolation to know your team lost to the eventual champions than to just another team. Not to mention the Heats best player (Wade) is from Chicago.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts