SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my friends still argue that Miami looks more like Honolulu instead of Panama City despite the fact that Honolulu has smaller buildings.Can we have more proof please.:nuts:
Honolulu

Panama City

Miami

It's funny sometimes people go like all those 3 pictures are the same city.:lol:

·
6,890 Posts
People really argue such things?

I think Miami looks more like Brisbane, anyway...:cheers:
Of course. This was the subject of Meet the Press a few weeks ago - one of the most heated discussions I've seen on the show in a long time. In the end, it was determined that Miami looks most like Cartagena. Brisbane was a close second though, so good job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brisbane?I know another city in Australia that reminds me of Miami which is coincidentally called Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

At first when I looked at the tallest building there for a second it looked like the One Bayfront Plaza but then after a few seconds looking at it I was like nah.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cartagena was just in my mind.One of my friends are from there.It looks nice although it does not look like many office buildings.Lots of condos but still beautiful.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Brisbane?I know another city in Australia that reminds me of Miami which is coincidentally called Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

At first when I looked at the tallest building there for a second it looked like the One Bayfront Plaza but then after a few seconds looking at it I was like nah.
Obviously, that is Sunny Isles Beach. I can clearly see Aventura Mall in the background. Even closer, I can see a 52-year-old divorcee buying a $30 spatula at Williams-Sonoma.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Of course. This was the subject of Meet the Press a few weeks ago - one of the most heated discussions I've seen on the show in a long time. In the end, it was determined that Miami looks most like Cartagena. Brisbane was a close second though, so good job.
I saw that episode, Peter. If I'm not mistaken, Doris Kearns Goodwin had just finished a long, informative dissertation on White House paint colors used during the Millard Fillmore administration (apparently they had a thing for 'salmon' walls) when the whole 'what city does Miami look like' thing erupted into fireworks.

·
Al otro lado del rio
2,240 Posts
I saw that episode, Peter. If I'm not mistaken, Doris Kearns Goodwin had just finished a long, informative dissertation on White House paint colors used during the Millard Fillmore administration (apparently they had a thing for 'salmon' walls) when the whole 'what city does Miami look like' thing erupted into fireworks.
May be I'm not reading between the lines, is this true? :lol:

·
The Big Boss
2,744 Posts
They need to see an updated photo of Panama City and Panama City that recently opened on Water Front (Cinca Coast) is very similar to Brickel Avenue, to the green areas with skyscrapers and looks a lot like miami.

·
The Big Boss
2,744 Posts
The Weather Channel is right, this blog is that.

Indeed if I may, I can show you some pictures of Panama City to date to compare with Miami.

·
The Big Boss
2,744 Posts
In these photos can be compared to Panama City, Miami, Honolulu has some resemblance to Miami but the mountains are the background takes away any similarity to Miami.
Panama City has an artificial padding that looks much like the area of Brickel Avenue, and there are some projects that artificial islands.

[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
106 Posts
In these photos can be compared to Panama City, Miami, Honolulu has some resemblance to Miami but the mountains are the background takes away any similarity to Miami.
Panama City has an artificial padding that looks much like the area of Brickel Avenue, and there are some projects that artificial islands.

[/QUOTE]

I know its early in the morning but are these pictures of the same place but they've replaced the greenery with water?!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts