Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Banned
655 Posts
Where exactly is this located? I know it's in interior Park West/SE Overtown (the areas that really need a lot of work).....this project could be one of the ones that jump starts the area! I don't know why anyone would rent office space there though because it's such a dangerous area, the employees would risk getting robbed every day just coming to work and you couldn't walk around outside the building.....

...but hopefully if this project and others like it are successful, in the future that SE Overtown area can become nicer and more urban.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly is this located? I know it's in interior Park West/SE Overtown (the areas that really need a lot of work).....this project could be one of the ones that jump starts the area! I don't know why anyone would rent office space there though because it's such a dangerous area, the employees would risk getting robbed every day just coming to work and you couldn't walk around outside the building.....

...but hopefully if this project and others like it are successful, in the future that SE Overtown area can become nicer and more urban.
It's located NW 6th street and 1st or second ave. right on the corner. it'll look good. Hopefully it'll do well there and cause a trend. That area needs work.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
The new Courthouse building just went up in that area as well as the new County Office building next to the Overtown Metrorail stop and maybe one day something will be done with the Miami arena so there has been improvement in that area. Plus it doesn't hurt to have the City of Miami Police HQ directly around the corner either.

·
Registered
411 Posts
! I don't know why anyone would rent office space there though because it's such a dangerous area, the employees would risk getting robbed every day just coming to work and you couldn't walk around outside the building.....
Actually Coruna, if memory serves me correctly, these are to be office condos, not offices for lease.

I agree that this project is super important. I long for the day when Overtown is only a bad memory.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Looks great. I'm glad it's deep in downtown too, adds to the density. The glass looks amazing too, hopefully it'll actually get built that way -crosses fingers-.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Kind of on topic----just behind Logik are a few blocks of parking lots, small buildings, and the Miami Arena. Is that where they're proposing the construction for the downtown Marlins stadium or is that land south of the courthouse?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Keep in mind that picture is very outdated. Marinablue and 900 Biscayne haven't even started construction yet in that shot. 10 MP is just getting off the ground.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Maki-chan; said:
how tall?
Two towers, each 352 feet tall. Not very tall, but anything is great for Overtown. The area has been the only one in the city center to miss out on the building boom for the most part, and it's still a "bad area". Something like this that adds density to downtown and helps revitalize a struggling neighborhood is important regardless of height.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts