Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for input on how you guys want the P&C forum organized.

I will begin moving threads in there and stickying them (if needed) once I get some concensus.

Also, I have decided that it would be good to have a Miami Editor. Note that this person will not be having to deal with disciplining forumers, but rather will be here to assist forumers in maintaining project listings and moving threads and such. Also fueling discussion and sourcing news is expected. There are several very good candidates that I'm aware of, but I want to know who is interested and who isn't.

So, let's hear your input!

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Okay Jason :) , well you know i'm a looking mighty psychotic person, but I do have a brain, and to choose the right Miami Editor here its got to be someone who's been here for awhile and has a good knowledge of the Forums. So , I narrowed my choice down to 3 Good Men,
# 1, Streetscapeer :) , been here since april, 2004, here most of the time helping others.
# 2, Roark :) , been here since may, 2004, has a normal attitude, gets along with others.
# 3, Dale :) , been here since September, 2002, good attitude with others, many posts, not here as often as the other two, but very smart.
If you need more for input information on more choices, it would be Nimbyhater :) , The Mad Hatter :) , and Miaballinboi :) , but these are very young men, but could be Assistants.
You should choose an Assistant editor, Jason. :cheers: Maybe 2 would help.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
no way in hell i would ever trust myself for a position as presigious as this... although i do belive that uptown (of the mad hatter as of late), ballinboi, or myself would make excellent assistants, ballinboi the best simply due to the fact that he is more relaxed and seems more responsible than the more crazy uptown and me (although uptown does contribute an awful lot, and i dont do shit, we all no it)

as for the main position, street and roark would be great, dale is a great guy, but i just dont think he spends enough time here, of course, mayb he does and just doesnt post

in replacement of dale... i nominate the great, almighty chuck as the third

and thres some people that i gotta be forgetting, i luv u guys, ill remember later and edit the post

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck, you know I mess with you, because I like you, right? I like all you guys, which is why you ask and I try to deliver.

I'm not looking for nominations so much as I'm looking for folks to proclaim thier interest in the position. I think we all know who the most respected members are in this forum. It's just a matter of who among them has the time and inclination to help out in an "official" capacity.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
ChuckScraperMiami#1 said:
# 2, Roark :) , been here since may, 2004, has a normal attitude, gets along with others.
Normal attitude...awwwwhhh....That is the best compliment that I've received all day!!! Thanks Chuck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
For the P & C section, since we already got some good threads going maybe just to move them,

probably my thread about the updates could belong in that section, and the downtown project rundown,

then we can probably put like the brickell p and c thread, cbd p and c thread,

just for updates, then in the miami forum we talk bout the rest of the stuff :cheers:

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
MIAballinboi said:
For the P & C section, since we already got some good threads going maybe just to move them,

probably my thread about the updates could belong in that section, and the downtown project rundown,

then we can probably put like the brickell p and c thread, cbd p and c thread,

just for updates, then in the miami forum we talk bout the rest of the stuff :cheers:
Yes Jason :) , MIAballinboi :) is right, and a good Miami Assistant Editor, his pictures are great, and he updates them every sunday, really keeps many members here informed of what's happening in the projects and construction, hes young and gets along with everyone here, I never see him in any problem with fellow members and has been here in the forums since october, 2003. Please add his " MIAballinboi photo megathread ( updated weekly )

Here's more to add to the list;

Miami;downtown miami central business district thread
Miami;south beach art deco district thread
Miami;brickell financial district thread
Miami;midtown miami performing arts district thread
Downtown Miami project rundown thread
Breaking news thread
Groundwork thread
900 Biscayne thread
Met 3 thread
Downtown Maimi new heights, new kickbutt towers thread
Coral Gables & Coral ways condos thread
City of South Miami thread
Jorge Perez and related groups south florida condo projects thread
Uptown revisited !!!, lots of cranes, a little surprise thread
Watson Island project thread
Marlins Stadium thread
Paramount Park rendering and new towers in some pictures
South Florida Transportation thread
Photo Tour; Miami civic center district and vicinity thread
MIAMI - brickell / financial district thread by Unforgiven
Official picture thread !!!, all pictures welcome thread by the mad hatter

Jason :) , these are just a few of some great threads in the forum, please wait for more input by others, these are just some that really have great pictures and info for future projects. :cheers:

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just helping forumers maintain threads. Moving project threads into the P&C forum... archving threads when they hit 500 posts... Maybe if members want to start maintaining a project list thread, then the editor will help update it.

Basically mod type stuff, but without worrying about having to be the "heavy" and disciplining members. So, you're 'above' a regular member, but don't have to act like it, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Jason :) , there ya go, there's a volunteer, Toucano :) , I approve of him , if he's willing to fill in the job of Miami Editor, but I really think there should be an assistant, just in case Toucano is on vacation or out sick, lol.
Jason, you do have the power to make MIAballinboi :) , an Assistant Miami Editor, he's perfect for the job, he's just the Man for it. He's just a little light on asking for the job. We do need an Assitant, and He's always here , day and night. :cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
If I had the time, I would volunteer. Unfortunately, sometimes a week or two go by and I don't even check the forum to see what everyone's talking about. I don't post too much because I usually don't have anything new to contribute, I end up mostly just reading what people say. But enough about me, I agree with Chuck...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts