Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TMZ: Michael Jackson
Dies at 50
Updated: Thursday, 25 Jun 2009, 3:21 PM PDT
Published : Thursday, 25 Jun 2009, 2:05 PM PDT

Posted by: Scott Coppersmith
Los Angeles (myFOXla.com) - UPDATE - 3:12PM - There may be a press conference coming up at UCLA Medical Center. We have put up a live picture outside the hospital here on FOX Los Angeles Video Feed #1 .

Live SkyFOX video from over UCLA Medical Center is still available on FOX Los Angeles Video Feed #2 .

-----

UPDATE - 3:04PM - TMZ is reporting that singer Michael Jackson has died at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.

--------------

Earlier information:

Pop singer Michael Jackson was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital today in cardiac arrest, according to various online reports.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Devin Gales could not confirm the report, but said paramedics did respond to a home in the 100 block of Carolwood Drive at 12:21 p.m. on a medical call, and the person was taken to UCLA Medical Center.

LAFD Capt. Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times, however, that the 50- year-old singer was not breathing when paramedics arrived.

TMZ.com reported that Jackson was picked up at 12:21 p.m. at a Holmby Hills home, and paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance.

Jackson's father, Joe, told E!Online that he was contacted in Las Vegas and was told his son had been taken to a hospital.

"His mother is on her way to the hospital now to check in on him," Joe Jackson said. "I am not sure what's wrong."

Jackson, 50, was in the midst of preparing for a series of concerts in London.

Details are still coming in about this breaking story. Check back for updates.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Michael Jackson Dies
Posted Jun 25th 2009 5:20PM by TMZ Staff
We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

A source tells us Jackson was dead when paramedics arrived. A cardiologist at UCLA tells TMZ Jackson died of cardiac arrest.

Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate him but he was completely unresponsive.

We're told one of the staff members at Jackson's home called 911.

La Toya ran in the hospital sobbing after Jackson was pronounced dead.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Story developing...

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael Jackson Dies -- Celebs Go to Twitter

Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:04PM by TMZ Staff
Since news of Michael Jackson's death today, celebrity friends and fans have released the following reactions on their Twitter accounts:

Lindsay Lohan
: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashton Kutcher: Pray for his kids.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

Posted Jun 25th 2009 4:30PM by TMZ Staff
We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mother of Jackson's Kids Reacts

Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:15PM by TMZ Staff
We're told Michael Jackson's ex-wife, Debbie Rowe, is "inconsolable."

For the record, Debbie gave up all parental rights to the two children -- Paris and Michael Jr. Therefore she is not legally in line to take custody.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
rest in peace michael !
you are a legend
love the music and love the moon walk dance !!

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jacko's Ex Publicist Goes Off on Michael
Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:22PM by TMZ Staff
Michael Jackson's former publicist, Michael Levine, just released the following statement, claiming he saw today's tragic events coming for years.

"As someone who served as Michael Jackson's publicist during the 1st child molestation incident, I must confess I am not surprised by today's tragic news.

Michael has been on an impossibly difficult and often self-destructive journey for years. His talent was unquestionable but so too was his discomfort with the norms of the world.

A human simply can not withstand this level of prolonged stress.''

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quincy Jones -- I've Lost My Little Brother
Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:20PM by TMZ Staff
We just received the following statement from Quincy Jones, who produced Michael Jackson's legendary "Thriller" album:

"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words.

Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's.

To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication.

He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.

I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him
."

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Al Sharpton -- Pray for Jacko
Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:15PM by TMZ Staff
TMZ just received the following statement from Al Sharpton:

"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.

I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown.

I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family
."

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Michael Jackson Death Brings Outpouring of Emotion

Updated 4:19 PM PDT, Thu, Jun 25, 2009

In this 1972 file photo, singer Michael Jackson at age 13, sings in his home in Encino, Ca.

Michael Jackson is dead. It’s enough to leave you speechless, but reaction is pouring in from all over. The King of Pop was such a global icon a that there is probably not anyone in any corner of the world who has not heard of him. If not for certain controversial lifestyle choices, his popularity could have one day made him king of the world.
Jackson family friend/spokesman Brian Oxman, told CNN his family was speechless, the atmosphere was “so very said and “everyone is just stunned”
He said siblings Randy, Jermaine and LaToya were all at the UCLA Medical Center and inconsolable.
"Everyone is just crying and I have just been able to hug them and tell them I love them and there is just alot of tears."
One of Jackson’s closest friends and collaborators was Quincy Jones, his first statement sums up how most fans feel:

"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news, said Jones, who produced “We Are the World” with Jackson. “For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the word,” said Jones.

He continued, “Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's. To this day, the music we created together on 'Off The Wall,' 'Thriller' and 'Bad' is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."

Rev. Al Sharpton, who was also close to the tragic superstar, said, “A friend of Michael’s for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour. I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown. I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family.”

Other celebs let their emotions show on twitter.

Some of their tweets, as reported by TMZ.

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

Lindsay Lohan: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashton Kutcher: Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Shanna Moakler: The hard thing about getting older is watching all those who inspired you pass, love to the jackson family..

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jacko's Death Grinds the Internet to a Halt
Posted Jun 25th 2009 7:11PM by TMZ Staff
In the moments following Michael Jackson's death -- so many people rushed to the Internet, that it practically stopped the entire WWW in its tracks.

Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, AIM -- just a few of the scores of major web sites bombed by a tidal wave of traffic. Most of the sites still worked, but the epically high traffic numbers caused them all to move at a snail's pace.

The last time the 'net had this kind of traffic -- Obama's inauguration.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Elton John Sings for Michael Jackson
Posted Jun 25th 2009 6:37PM by TMZ Staff
Elton John's was in the middle of his annual "White Tie and Tiara Ball" when he was rocked by the news of Michael Jackson's death.

We're told Elton is singing right now at the event and he's dedicated his song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Michael.

Liz Hurley, Hugh Grant, Lily Allen, and Kelly Osbourne were at the party -- however several of the guests left once they heard about the news.

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Michael Jackson Dies After Cardiac Arrest

Filed under: Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson has passed away, multiple media outlets are reporting.
The singer suffered a cardiac arrest Thursday afternoon and was rushed to the emergency room.
When paramedics arrived at Jackson's home, he had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.
Once at the hospital, the staff tried to resuscitate Jackson but they had no luck.
Such a sad loss, especially for his three young children.
[Image via WENN.]
Posted: June 25, 2009 at 5:44 pm

www.perezhilton.com

1 - 20 of 211 Posts