1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Caruso Affiliates website:

8500 Burton Way

Overview
Situated at the intersection of La Cienega and Burton Way at the gateway to Beverly Hills, 8500 Burton Way is Caruso Affiliated's newest luxury apartment project. Rising eight stories from the ground, this iconic, contemporary tower is designed with floor to ceiling glass, stone and smooth plaster facades, and pedestrian-friendly streetscape, and convenient onsite parking for a full-service Trader Joe's market at ground level.

The building will feature a private residential lobby with uniformed 24 hour security and valet parking for residents and guests. As with every Caruso community, 8500 Burton Way will provide round-the-clock personalized 5-star concierge services to all of its residents. Garden terraces and a penthouse fitness center, club room, and rooftop infinity edged pool and spa unlike any other in Los Angeles are among an extensive list of building amenities and services available exclusively to residents and their guests.

8500 Burton Way offers 88 sleekly designed one, two and three bedroom apartment suites, many featuring separate media rooms, ranging in size from 900 to over 2200 square feet . Apartments will boast high ceilings with walls of glass and sliding doors to balconies and patios with views from Downtown, to the Hollywood Hills, and the Pacific Ocean. Interior design includes rich hardwood floors, sleek hardwood cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, quartz countertops and ceramic and stone tiling.

Opening in late Summer , 2012, 8500 Burton Way is destined to become the finest luxury apartment building in Los Angeles.

·
Silver Lake
5,451 Posts

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
Why are couples always running around holding hands like this building made them fall in love?
More effective marketing than showing 3 guys beating and kicking a guy on the ground. :lol:

btw, I notice from curbed that Caruso is going supertrendy and getting Suzanne Goin involved in the cafe and Waldo Fernandez involved in the decoration.

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
I drove by 8500 Burton for the first time with the facade mostly done and I am impressed. Much nicer than the renderings led me to believe.

This is really a new sort of look that I haven't seen before (maybe I don't get around enough). A nice update on streamline with much more rhythm and grace. Beautifully suited to a warm climate and relaxed yet elegant lifestyle and not overtly tropical or kitschy.

I would love to see much of the westside influenced by this aesthetic.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.

·
Registered
18,648 Posts
It looks a bit to me like it could fit into the Watergate Complex, which I think is a compliment. Sinuous and flowing.
You're right; there is a bit of a Watergate feel but with much more rhythm to break up the horizontals. Plus more of a warm climate color.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts